Too Weak To Kill

All of the rage, the hate, anger, emotions, it all just disappeared by one look of Archie's face. Chase stood there frozen like a statue. He couldn't believe his eyes. He felt as if time had stopped and the only thing he was focused on was his old "friend."

Flash Back

"Uhhh, I don't think he wants to tell us his name."

"Nah, that's not it," Archie dismissed and looked at Chase. "It's probably because he's tired. I mean, look at all of that." Archie pointed and all of the pups saw the chopped up wood. Archie then turned to Chase.

"I bet you're hungry after working like that. Ya wanna eat?" Archie asked in a cheerful grin, and Chase slightly gasped as he heard that question. He's never been asked that before. He would usually have to ask or even beg to eat. Chase was wondering if he should trust these pups, considering he just met them. But at the same time, due to not eating for a whole week, Chase's stomach growled, making the young German Shepherd blush in embarrassment.

"Ha, looks like you are. I'll bring ya some food. And the good kind too. Just, not the gross vegetables that Lucky likes to eat." Archie said, sticking his tongue, disgusted even thinking about it.

"Gross!?" Lucky yelled, taking offense to his choice of food, making Archie and Arya laugh. Archie then directed his attention to Chase.

"Sounds good to you, little dude?" Archie asked in a cheerful grin.

Chase didn't respond, but just gave a slight nod.

"Cool, I'll be back in a bit. Watch him, Lucky!" Archie said and dashed off.

Flash Back Ends

There was no way. No possible way that this dog he was facing right now could be the same, nice and helping dog that he met years ago.

Flash Back

"C'mon Lucky, it looks like he's been working all day. No matter what, he needs to fuel up."

"It's Chase."

Everyone turned to the young German Shepherd.

"What?" Archie was confused.

"My name...I-It's Chase." Chase said softly. It quickly took a second for Archie to process and form a grin on his face.

"Chase, huh? Nice name." Archie complimented and set the food in front of Chase, revealing cooked meat and some regular dog food.

Chase just stared at the meal in shock, as if he was walking to the stairway of heaven. Without wasting a second, Chase quickly destroyed the food, shocking the three older dogs.

"Jeez, talk about having a large appetite." Lucky sweated.

But, Archie noticed the way Chase tackled the food. It was like he hasn't eaten for quite some time. Before he knew it, Chase had finished the food.

"T-Thanks for the food." Chase said with a nervous laugh and a blush as he licked his lips and rubbed his stomach.

"Haha, you really enjoyed it, huh?" Arya asked, even though surprised by Chase's action, she was still glad that the young puppy enjoyed the food.

"Yeah, I did." Chase said, making the three dogs laugh.

"I'm glad you did. Now with that outta the way. Can you answer some questions for us please?" Archie asked as he sat down. Chase gulped as he figured what he was going to question.