9- Food?

Once Victor finishes making food, he takes it out to everyone else.

The two pups are sitting on the couch opposite William, and refusing to look at, or speak to Liam.

"Are you two hungry?" Victor asks, holding two bowls at macaroni and cheese.

Kaila looks at the bowls in Victor's hand.

"Food?" She whispers.

The vampire brother smile at this.

"Yes, Sweetie. Do you want it?" Victor softly asks.

Kaila looks at Jax, and he holds a hand out to one of the bowls.

Victor hands it over to him.

Jax examines the macaroni and cheese, and then takes a bite, slowly chewing it.

He then feeds Kaila.

Once the first bowl is done, Jax slowly sets it down on the ground.

"Here, Jax. You can have the second bowl." Victor says, holding the second bowl out to Jax.

Jax looks at the bowl, and his stomach lets out a large noise of pain.

Jax blushes, and then closes his eyes, allowing his shift to occur.

Kaila gently scoots off of Jax's lap, but doesn't move closer to the boys.

When Jax shifts fully into his wolf, both vampires suck in an imaginary breath.

Jax was a huge wolf, with dark grey fur.

Jax slowly get up, and William's face get sad.

This poor wolf was skinny.

"Oh, Jax..... You poor thing." Victor says.

Victor sets the full bowl of pasta, and backed up from the wolf.

Kaila sits down on the couch, just watching her brother.

"If he's letting his wolf eat, that means that his wolf hasn't ate in awhile." William says, watching the wolf slowly make his way over to there the food was.

"Yea." Victor says, "Since both werewolves' wolf and human sides have to eat a different times, and Jax is picking and choosing which one eats, that means that he has to be starving."

Jax reaches the bowl of food, and his wolf chows down, swallowing it whole.

Once he finishes, Jax noses the bowl, wanting more.

Victor walks close to Jax, and sticks his hand out towards the bowl.

Jax whines, and nuzzles the bowl towards himself.

"Easy bud. I was just getting you and your sister more." Victor replies, slowly petting Jax's soft head.

Jax backs up into the couch, and nuzzles into his sister, making sure she is okay.

Victor leave with the bowls, going to fill them up with wolf replacement food. It consisted of elk meat, supplements to gain weight, much needed vitamins, duck meat, any other meat the boys had lying around after they drank the animal's blood, and some pumpkin for fiber and a sweet taste.

"If Jax had to make sure that Kaila's food wasn't poisoned, and Kaila let him, does that mean they've been poisoned before?" Victor asks himself.

He can't bring himself to answer the question, even though he is certain he knows that answer.

No one, in their right mind, should want to hurt innocent werewolf pups.