31- Only Children

"After dinner." William says, looking at the two sniffling children and pointing at the table. 

Jax nods, and sets Kaila down on the ground. 

"Go sit down, and let me know if they try to do anything." Jax mind links. 

All Kaila does as an acknowledgement is she slowly nods, before sitting down in her booster seat. 

The two children are silent throughout their whole meal, and even the wolves are quiet. 

 After dinner, Victor carries Kaila into the sitting room, with Jax and William right behind him. 

Kaila and Jaxon are sat on the same couch, with the two brothers sitting in folding chairs directly in front of the pups. 

Victor looks angry, but takes a deep breath before he starts talking. 

"You two have to start talking to us about what is going on!" He says, voice booming. 

Jax get super defensive. "Why should we have to tell anything!?" 

"Because you are now our children!" William says. 

"No we aren't! You only want us because you wanted to look good to other people! What we do with our lives is none of your business!" Jax screams. 

Both vampires are shocked, and Kaila bursts into tears. 

Jax seems to realize what he said, and tears well up in his eyes. 

"We took you in because we care! We care about you, about Kaila, even the wolves! And you both are only children, Jax! Children!"