16- A Story Nobody Wants to Speak

Once the brothers got the children somewhat calm, they knew that they needed to discuss what happened with the werewolves.

"What happened you two?" William asks, still patting Kaila's back as she hiccups. 

Jax shakes his head. "Something bad happened."

Victor rolls his eyes. "Yeah, kinda got that when both of you tried to leave the house."

Kaila wraps her arms around William's neck, and buries her face. 

"He found us, Jaxy." She hiccups out, looking over the back of William's at her brother. 

Jax paled at this. "You can't be sure, Kaila. I made sure to cover our tracks."

Kaila shakes her head. "That only happens when he's around! You know that's true!"  

Victor stops the children's bicker session. 

"Enough, you two! You would please explain to us what happened, and who 'he' is?"

Jax takes a deep breath. "He is our Master-" 

"No."  William interrupts. "You don't have a Master."

Jax shakes his head. "He is our Master. He was the one who created us and train us up for his personal use."

"And that was.." Victor questions. 

"I don't wanna talk about it." Jax says, setting the empty cup down on the counter-top. 

"You have to talk to us at some point. We just want to help you." William says, running a hand through Kaila's hair, gently lulling her to sleep. 

Kaila let's out a shaky yawn before falling asleep.