29- Fatherly Support

"Jax!" William calls, opening the door, "Kaila! I'm back!" 

A small white and cream wolf runs into the foyer, with Jax walking right behind. 

William walks over to the kitchen counters, and sets the bags down. He then bends down to Ella and scratches her head. 

"Hello Ella." William says, smiling at the wolf pup. 

Jax stands off to the side, watching the interaction. 

William looks up, and sees the teen standing off to the side. 

"Hello Jax." William says, standing up to meet Jax's height. 

Jax quickly nods his head. "Welcome back, William. Do you need help putting the food away?" 

William nods. "Sure. Would you also like to help me cook dinner and prep the wolves' meal? It will take me a while unless I have some help."

Jax nods, a wide smile creeping onto his face. "Can I?" 

William nods. then he looks down to Ella. "Ella. Tell Kaila that Victor want to talk to her. He's in his bedroom if you remember where that is." 

Ella gives William a very woofy and toothy grin, before sprinting off towards Victor room. 

William gestures to Jax. "Which one do you want to start with? You and Kaila are getting some pork chops, mashed sweet potato, fruit salad, and brussel sprout with a honey glaze. Ella and Fenrir are getting a raw food meal." 

Jax thinks about it for a minute. "Well, I would prefer if I made Kaila's and mine dinner. I don't know how to make the wolves' food, and I don't want to be the one who messes up."

William nods. "That's fine. Why don't you start cutting up the fruit, and then I'll help you with the pork chops."

Jax nods. 

The two boys work together for  few hours, occasionally laughing at each other's jokes.

Jax smiles at William. 

William looks up at the teen, still chuckling after the last joke. 

"Yes, Jax?" He asks, walking over to him.

"Thank you for allowing me to become a teen again. I thought I'd always have to be a parent to Kaila." Jax says, flipping the meat in the pan over.

"You shouldn't thank me. You got stripped of your childhood. Victor and I are here to give you guys the fatherly support you both need, so you (he goes over to Jax and pokes his stomach) can have at least your teenage years." William says.

Why Do You Want Us?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें