Chapter 2

THE DARKNESS HAD fallen upon the land. The dim shade coming from a nearby lamp post deteriorated. Patay-sindi itong gumagana sa kadiliman na minsan nang tumakot sa mga taong dumadaan. It was a few steps away from her home yet she was unfazed by it. Hindi na rin siya nag-abalang palitan iyon sa sobrang busy niya sa trabaho. But even in the gathering gloom, the perfect crescent-shaped moon along with the series of blazing stars gleamed brighter.

Aelia doesn't seem to mind the time. Abala siya sa pag-aayos ng mga gamit na dadalhin niya sa Soluna. Madalas siyang hindi nakakauwi dahil sa uri ng trabaho niya. Isa siyang research archaeologist na nagtatrabaho sa museum. Hindi gaanong nabibigyan ng recognition ang trabahong ito sa bansa, ngunit mas pinili niya pa rin itong pag-aralan. Ilalagay na lang ang mga gamit sa tabi nang mapansin niya ang larawang nakapatong sa ibabaw ng drawer.

There was some pinch of hurt demanding to be felt. Like the sun rays broke against the dusk into freedom. Her loud thumping heart was about to escape the rib cages that contained the bottled misery. And just by the sight of her mother's image, she was emptied from her most prized possession in memory to her suppressed emotions.

She isn't as intimate with her mother as other children do. But she loves her mother dearly despite her portrayal of love. Kaunti lang ang natatandang memorya na magkasama sila. Saulo niya pa ngunit may bahid na ng lamat. Perhaps her decision to accept the project was heavily influenced by her mother and her dedication to her career. Stretching her lips slightly for a longing smile, "I'll be back, Mom."

Aelia stepped inside her laid-back room. Unang mapapansin sa pagpasok ang cream-colored walls na puno ng mga random sketches at tattered maps. Maging ang kulay pastel na kama ay hindi maiiwasang hangaan lalo na't pinagigitnaan ito ng dalawang white-pine columns. Despite the spacious area, potted and hanging indoor plants brought life to this room.

When she was about to turn off the lights, she was caught up by the stars racing in the vast darkness above her. That made the sky even brighter. 'How ironic,' she thought.

The night sky shines brighter when a storm is coming.

She put her phone on the side table and laid on her bed snuggling upon sheets waiting for herself to fall asleep. For several minutes, she laid very still, with eyes closed. She tried forcing herself to sleep, but she couldn't find the exhaustion that would bring her to sleep. Her mind seemed to be flying elsewhere. Something is bothering her that will probably keep her up all night.

So, she stood up to get her laptop on the table. She laid on her bed and found herself staring at the screen. Nakakunot ang noo, naguguluhan kung tama nga ba ang kanyang nakikita. She tapped the side of her laptop continuously, moving her head to the side.

And once again, she typed the words 'Real history of Soluna' and the result is still the same.

Your search - Real history of Soluna - did not match any documents

Aelia's confused eyes never left the screen. She became more curious about the town. With this impossible occurrence and futile attempt on background checking, she kept on thinking about the place held by mystery. It was late in the evening when her eyes started to become heavier and heavier until they shut. Leaving the word Soluna on the screen of her laptop.

THE NEXT day came, Endymion was ready to go to Soluna. He was standing at the side of a highway, waiting for a cab to arrive. Himas nito ang kaliwang balikat niyang nabibigatan sa nakasukbit na travel bag. Dala niya ang mga simpleng shirt at jeans upang mas maaliwalas sa pakiramdam.