Chapter 11

SELENE IS DEEPLY fascinated with art. "Keep that passion, it will bring you to unexpected destinations," her mother would tell her. She was six when she started painting the walls, closets, and even the doorknob of her room with stars, flowers, and vines. Her aunt would yell at her for ruining their newly painted walls but she never listened. Her passion to create is flowing through her veins, and it brought her to where she is right now.

Selene browsed the pictures that she took from the mansions and streets of Soluna. The town is beautiful, but in a haunting way.

The darkness is slowly devouring the hues radiated by the dazzling sunset, its rays sipping through the window. She allowed the scenery to fill her mind, trying to shrug the exhaustion that is creeping into her bones. Nakauwi na silang apat mula sa kanilang pag-iikot sa mansion ng Castaneda.

They all stayed in Dyo's living room. There are three sofas that are facing each other, at the center is a coffee table. Tahimik at seryosong nagtitipa si Endy sa kaniyang laptop, si Aelia ay abala ring tinutulungan ang binata sa paglalagay ng mga bago nilang natuklasan sa mga nakaraang araw. Hindi pa rin malinaw ang lahat. They have some information, ngunit hindi nila alam kung paano ito pagdudugtong dugtungin. They are still at the surface. There are still a lot of missing pieces, secrets to unravel, things that are yet to be discovered.

While the town behind the walls is at peace, the atmosphere in the room is heavy as if a cloud of unknown emotions is suspended in the air. Every sigh screams with exhaustion. Madami nang nangyari, and all that Selene could think of right now is home. She wants to go home.

Sa tapat ni Selene ay ang walang kibo na si Dyo. He's still the same distant guy that she met a week ago. Kung wala ito sa labas, nasa tabi naman nila ito ngunit nasa malayo ang tingin at isip.

She took a glance at her phone. It's battery is at a critical level. Pumunta siya sa gallery, she searched for anything that will remind her of home. And there, she saw her two younger brothers. The picture was taken three months ago. During her youngest brother's birthday. The three of them are displaying their toothy grins.

A pang of pain penetrated her heart. Sadness started dripping down, almost making her cry.

"Selene," ani Aelia.

Ngumiti ito bago tumabi sa kaniya, "Are you okay?"

Sumandal siya't tiningala ang ceiling ng sala, "I'm fine. It's just that..." she sighed.

"It's just that what?"