Chapter 12

THE COLD BREEZE can be heard whispering around nearby trees. The night sky stretched to infinity as the full moon shone its brightest. A tall, young man who goes by the name of Dyo is seen approaching his house. He opened the door and entered; it seems that he just went home from the healer's house.

Upon taking off his shoes, he saw three people whom he's been living with for a while now are busy organizing the clues they got from their expedition. The three perked their heads up when they heard his arrival and acknowledged his presence- one by showing a small smile, one by nodding and one by staring blankly at him.

However, Dyo silently went to the kitchen to drink water. The two then went back to what they were doing. Aelia, on the other hand, followed him with a stare because exhaustion and worry are etched on his face, making it garner suspicion from her. When Dyo was out of her range, she went back to what she was doing beforehand.

Moving on, Selene is busy scanning the book she got but couldn't find anything useful like letters or whatnot that could be considered as clues. She continued searching, determined that she would find something in the book— she was so close, but she felt someone tugging at her shirt. She closed the book and looked up; she saw that it was Aelia who called her attention. Aelia suggested that they should rest and continue the rest of it tomorrow. They decided that it was a good idea and called it a night.

Selene and Endymion bid farewell and went up the stairs, after that they went to their separate bedrooms. Aelia nodded in agreement which left her all alone, although, not fully alone as Dyo can be seen following the two. She couldn't bottle up her curiosity and doubts towards Dyo anymore so she decided to follow him. She called him by his name, Dyo stopped in his tracks but didn't face Aelia. 'There's no going back', she said to herself, it's now or never.

"What do you need?" Dyo said in his usual cold tone. His back is still facing Aelia, which means he can't see what emotion is plastered in her face.

"Ano ba ang nalalaman mo?" Tanong ni Aelia sa isang nayayamot na tono.

"About what?" He straightened his stance.

"About all of this." Desperation can be heard in her voice.

Hindi pinansin ng binata ang sinabi nito at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad na lalong ikinainis niya dahil wala siyang binigay na kasagutan. Labag man sa kalooban ni Aelia ay pinabayaan niya na lang ito kasi alam niyang hindi niya mapipilit ito. Tumungo na lang ang dalaga kahit bigo sa kwarto ni Selene, kumatok ito bago pumasok. Pagkabukas niya ng pinto ay nakita niya na nakaupo si Selene sa paanan ng kaniyang kama habang pinagmamasdan ang picture ng mga kapatid niya. Agad humingi ng paumanhin si Aelia kay Selene dahil sa naging reaksyon ni Endymion sa librong nadala nito pauwi nang hindi sinasadya, pero Selene being Selene told Aelia na understable naman ang naging reaksyon ng binata.

Silence engulfed them until Selene broke it by saying, "I was just looking for an art inspiration, but life gave me this."