▪ Chapter 4 (For Once) ▪

Hisako showed up to school the next day in Izuku's wheelchair. She had claimed to shatter her left leg, and a cast was set on her leg. It was caused by, "Training too hard" with her quirk. Some believed. Others didn't.

     Izuku woke up and yawned. He reached over for his chair, but when he didn't feel it, he sat up. 

     "Wh-Where is my chair?" he asked, confused as to where it went. He grabbed his phone and called his mother. She picked up after three rings.

     "What is it, Izuku?" she sounded irritated. Izuku's heart swelled with guilt.

     "Sorry for bothering-"

     "Just spit it out, Izuku! I'm busy right now," Inko sighed.

     "My chair isn't here. Do you-"

     "Oh, Hisako took it to school," Inko finished quickly and hung up the phone as Izuku opened his mouth to speak again. 

     Izuku didn't know Hisako's phone number. She had never told him because she had said, "There's no need to call me. Even in an emergency, I won't come to help you."

     Izuku tried calling the hospital, but they had told him that it wasn't an emergency since Izuku usually had online classes anyways.

     Izuku pouted. He needed his chair to go to campus today to turn in the model he had. His school was miles away. U.A. was closer, so he gulped down his pride and tried to stand. 

     Izuku was eleven the last time he had tried to walk. He had lost most of the movement in his legs then, and the doctors had said that he shouldn't walk again because it would further damage his legs and then move onto his spine until he was paralyzed. 

     He hoisted himself upwards and pain shot throughout his body, but he clenched his teeth. Tears subconsciously swelled into his green eyes. He took a step and then another. It hurt, but he could make it to U.A. 

. o O o .

     "Midoriya, you must be more careful," Iida said, waving his arms around. Ochaco nodded. 

     Hisako smiled, "Yeah... careful..." She purposely stuck out her lip a tad an fluttered her eyes. The group took the bait unintentionally because they were sweet kids. 'Pathetic' she thought.

     "Did you really hurt yourself by training?" Ochaco asked. Tsuyu and Iida shared the curiosity. Shoto just stared blankly. 

     Hisako let a few tears slip once again, "N-No- Deku, my brother, he had tried to run over my legs with his wheel chair yesterday. He said it was because I got into his dream school. He said that I 'stole his future'."

     Ochaco gasped, "Oh, no! Deku seems like a horrible brother!" Tsuyu nodded, agreeing.

     Hisako gave a watery smile, "I'm sure he- I'm sure he didn't mean it."

     "You're so kind, Midoriya."

     "You're so brave!"

     "You see the best in terrible people, Midoriya."

     "You'll make a great hero, Midoriya."

     These were the words that Hisako loved hearing. She wiped her fake tears as class was about to start. But Aizawa wasn't the one who came through the door, Izuku came in.

     He was walking! 'What a sight' Hisako thought. He was sweating from both the pain and the distance. His green hair that matched hers matted onto his forehead and neck. His eyes full of emotion.

     "H-Hisako- Please- I need- my chair back," he begged, tears in his eyes. 

     Ochaco frowned. He didn't match the horrid image that Hisako had provided her with. She had seen him before that one time in the classroom, but she was sure that Hisako was telling the truth. People can change behavior with their relatives easily. 

     Hisako frowned, "Deku, I need it more than you right now." She said suddenly crying again. "Can't you see how much pain you've caused? I need it right now! My legs feel like their on fire without them! Surely you think that I need them more than your petty little disability?"

     Izuku's face scrunched with pain, "Hisako-"

     "You did this to me. I need it more."

     Izuku breathed heavily, "Hisako, please- I really can't do this. Please, please, Hisako. Just this once- just this once- can you help me? I can't agree to this one, Hisako."

     Hisako's tears became larger and larger, "I- 'just this once'? 'Just this once'?! What are you talking about?? I'm your slave when I'm at home! Mom always makes me help you because you can't do anything for yourself! I never even get a simple 'thank you'! I've only ever wanted you to be happy, Izuku! I'm in so much pain right now, can't you see? Help me, for once!"

     The class was silently glaring at Izuku. They knew Hisako better than him. They didn't even know who he was, but they were glaring because- because of lies- lies!

     "Okay, Hisako," Izuku said curtly before he felt the sharpest pain in his spine, and he fell towards the floor. 

     A student caught him before he fell, but all the others went to comfort a sobbing Hisako. Only Katsuki knew how well she did with words. He could hear the lies she was saying. 

     He carefully carried Izuku to the school infirmary, leaving Hisako wanting Katsuki all the more. She ignored all the other students groveling for her to feel better. Because in her eyes, she only saw Katsuki. She only wanted Katsuki to comfort her. She scowled through tears. He was with Izuku. Izuku would pay the price of his mistake later.

     She promised herself that.

913 Words