▪ Chapter 9 (Caramel) ▪

The school decided to do a school dance. Why? Because Midnight thought that it would be fun, and everybody knew that they couldn't change her mind. 

     So, everyone was asking out pretty much everyone to the dance that was soon coming. Hisako was asked out by many men, but she refused to go with them, telling them that she had a boyfriend to go with. 

     However, Katsuki said no when she asked, and Hisako ignored his answer. In short, she took it as a yes. 

     One day, after class was dismissed, Katsuki knocked on the teacher's lounge. 

     "Come in," was their answer. They were a bit surprised to see Katsuki coming inside in his school uniform after school. 

     "Oh, Bakugou, what do you need?" Aizawa asked, his black hair in a messy bun now as it was getting in the way while he filled out papers. 

     "I was wondering if I could bring somebody that doesn't attend here to the school," Katsuki asked, rubbing his hand nervously against his neck. A small blush tinted his face at the thought of asking Izuku to go with him and him accepting. 

     Midnight shrieked, "Yes! Yes, yes, of course! Especially if it's that cute green-haired boy you brought last time."

     She was glad that Katsuki had someone in mind, considering he had a rough exterior towards many people, not only at the school but everywhere.

     Aizawa sighed at her idea of romance, "Yes, Bakugou, you may. Midoriya can come with you."

     They somehow already knew that it was going to be Izuku, not considering anybody else, which made Katsuki blush even more. The fact that all the teachers already know about his love life was surely something to make anyone flustered. 

     He huffed before letting out a small, "Thanks." He walked out of the lounge with the idea of asking Izuku to go with him tonight. It was a Friday, and Izuku had always visited (after that day) on Friday evenings. 

. o O o .

     Katsuki bounced his leg nervously, for he, believe it or not, had never asked someone out on anything. They had always come to him, either that or he would just go alone. It wasn't a big deal to him... That is, until now. 

     However, it was nearing eight o'clock when Katsuki started to think that something was off. Izuku always made a point to be on time, and he had never skipped a Friday unless he texted him days before. 

     Katsuki decided to call him, wondering what was going on. Mostly curiosity, but he fooled himself, it was mostly concern. 

     The phone rung once, then twice before he picked up. 

     "Hey, Deku-" Katsuki started when he heard the voice of a female. The voice of a female he knew. 

     "So, this is why you rejected me, huh?" Hisako demanded, anger towards her bruised twin brother on the ground ever so growing. "I was right!" 

     She screamed, "Izuku, you do this every time! Every! Single! Time!" 

     From the other line of the call, Hisako was hitting her brother violently as sobs started to form in his throat. When she had gotten home, she saw that Izuku was smiling brightly on his way out of the house. 

     When she found out where he was going..... Well, it didn't end well for him.

     Katsuki went silent as he grabbed his jacket and rushed towards Izuku's house on foot. The night was cold, and it was already dark. Katsuki heard the sound of glass shattering on the other end. He held his phone tightly in his hand as he ran faster, quickening his pace. 

     He got to the door quickly, not bothering to knock before breaking the door down with his quirk. 

     Katsuki ran to where he heard silent whimpers, and he opened the door to see the horrid scene in front of him. His phone slipped out of his hands along with his jaw. 

     Katsuki knew Hisako was a manipulative girl, but she would always cry or sob or whine. She would never get violent. At least, that was what Katsuki had thought. 

     Correction, he was wrong. So, so horribly wrong. 

     Izuku's left eye was swollen shut, his clothes torn, glass was scattered around him, blood absolutely everywhere, tuffs of his green hair were littering the floor, his lips were swollen and busted, bruises littered his small body, and a deep gash around his arm. 

     Whimpers were leaving his lips, but he seemed to be knocked out completely. He was probably in need of stitches in his arm, along with who knows how many medicines.

     "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Katsuki shouted as he rushed to Izuku's side. He wasn't even able to defend himself, considering his disabled position. He wasn't able to run away well; all he could to was protect his face, which obviously didn't work out. 

     Hisako had the audacity to tear up, "Y-You have no context of what happened! You-You have no idea of what he did!" 

     Katsuki was beyond angry, "Does it matter?! Whatever he did- whatever he did to you- he didn't deserve this! He looks like he's dead!"

     Hisako sobbed, "Do you know what it feels like to live your life every day, having your happiness taken away from you? Do you, Kacchan, because I do! He never allowed me once, once to live a day without him taking my joy away! 

     "I just wanted to be like regular kids, you know? They always have such a big smile on their faces, always so happy! What about me?! What about me!"

     All the yelling seemed to cause a stir in Izuku as he let out a small groan. He opened his good eye tiredly. Even though he must've been in immense pain, he smiled. 

     A crooked smile took over his features, causing his lips to tear further, "K-Kacchan..." He whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't show up. You must've been bothered to wait..."

     Katsuki swore that he had shed a tear, "D-Deku, y-you need to stay awake, okay?" Katsuki said, knowing that Izuku may be too far gone if he shut his eyes now. 

     Hisako, without warning, attracted Izuku towards herself, making the boy stumble upon himself and hitting his limbs against the cold floor. 

     Hisako was still crying, "Stop caring about him!" She shouted, stomping her heeled foot on Izuku's head. 

     "He's worthless!"

     Izuku's eyes, at least the one Katsuki could see, started to roll back into his head as the pain once again came too much for him. 

     The last thing he remembered was the smell of sugary sweet caramel. 

1104 Words