▪ Chapter 19 (Progress in Milestones) ▪

Katsuki was naturally good at everything, literally. He trained harder than anyone, and he was the most tired at the end of the day. But, he still helped cook food and set up the sleeping rooms. 

     Izuku finished up his food as Katsuki walked out of the shower room with a towel draped over his head and his clothes lazily put on his body. 

     Katsuki wasn't the only one busy; Izuku was too. He had been rolling around with the staff, whether it be helping with getting firewood or helping out with cleaning. He got to eat with the staff, too, but they only got the leftovers. 

     Izuku's arms were tired from strolling around all day on dirt, gravel, and grass (a.k.a rough surfaces), but he still made his way towards Katsuki. 

     "Ah, Deku," Katsuki said as he caught sight of him. "Let's get to bed, yeah? All the rest of the guys are already sleeping."

     Izuku happily nodded as he placed his finished bowl into the sink.

     As the two made their way through the old-looking hallways with the vanilla cream colored walls, Izuku spotted a clear trophy case near the end.

     Izuku took a quick glance, but it was long enough to trigger a horrible memory.

     He was in the second year of middle school, strolling home with his breathing wild. He had won! He had actually won something at school for having the highest grade point average in his class. He was so excited to tell his mother, for she always complimented Hisako when she got a trophy from school.

     He burst open the door and rushed to his mother.

     "Mom! I got this from school today!" Izuku said happily as he handed over the delicate golden trophy.

     Inko frowned, not the reaction that Izuku had wanted or expected.

     "Oh, Honey," she said. "Your sister got these awards since kindergarten...."

      She threw the trophy into the trash but not before smashing it against the counter. The trophy shattered, along with Izuku's hope.

     "W-Why would you do that?" he asked, voice cracking, and tears forming in his eyes.

     Inko frowned further, "It's just a trophy, an object with no value, Izuku. Surely you understand? It wouldn't be right to put this worthless thing next to your sister's hard-earned prizes, right?"

     When Izuku stood speechless, she moved on to her cooking.

     Then, she muttered under her breath, "Useless faggot."

     Izuku heard the words, and he heard them loud and clear.

     "Deku!" Katsuki shouted, shaking him gently. Izuku had just stared at the glass case with a wide smile that quivered. 

     Izuku blinked out of his small trance, and shakily met Katsuki's intense gaze. 

     He gave a small smile, "S-Sorry, Kacchan. I got distracted..."

     Katsuki knew that wasn't the whole truth, but he didn't ask. He grit his teeth and sucked it up because if Izuku wouldn't tell him, he wouldn't make him. However, Katsuki's worries never ceased even when he helped Izuku lower himself onto the floor. 

     Katsuki covered himself with the thin blanket, and Izuku followed. 

     "Kacchan, can you hand me my bag?" Izuku asked, pointing at the bag a little ways away from Katsuki. He nodded and reached out. It was a very light bag, and the bag itself looked old.