▪ Chapter 22 (The Enemy's Enemy is My Friend) ▪

(A/N: Just curious: Do you all prefer angst or fluff? It's going to be a mixture of both, but I just wanted to know)

     "Kacchan gave me this!" Izuku walked in happily, showing off his grand prize. It looked simple to anyone, but definitely not Izuku's parents. 

     It was a small red cup, just one unlike how they are usually. It had golden designs on the middle, small leaves and branches. 

     However, Inko took it from her son's small hands, startling him. 

     "Izuku!" she shouted, but then she chuckled nervously, taking in small breaths. "Wh-Where did you get this, sweetie?" They weren't paying attention to him two seconds ago when he announced it. 

     Izuku didn't mind though, he was used to it. 

     He smiled happily, "Kacchan, he said he would take it back later when I said I didn't have one like that."

     Inko placed the cup on the table, "Izuku, pretend you never got this from him. This is Hisako's now... Alright?"

     Izuku somehow sensed it wasn't a question. There was not option. But he was a kid, and kids liked what was given to them. 

     "No, Kacchan said it was special. For me, not Hisa," he said, frowning. 

     Inko's eyes were full of distaste. 

     "Bratty child, I said it's not yours anymore. Katsuki thought that it was Hisako, obviously because you two look alike. He's a silly child, must've gotten confused. It would have made sense if Hisako didn't have long hair at the time. 

     "Bu-But Kacchan-" Izuku started to say, seeing the cup get placed in his twin sister's hands. 

     "Shut up, Izuku!" Hisako shouted. "Kacchan is my lover, not yours. He loves me! Me!" 

     She was trying to assure herself more than anyone else. Because she wasn't stupid, Katsuki was a keen child, he would never confuse the two of them for the other. 

     The next morning, the cup was gone, and Hisako cried for hours. She blamed Izuku and his jealousy. The worst part? He had taken the cup back. 

. o O o . 

     It was the class's last day at the camp, and Katsuki was practically the walking dead. Bags under his eyes, lips chapped, eyes red, and hair messy. He was horribly pale, and his friends were all worried. 

     However, he looked more alive today than any day. It was the date on the note they had seen on the window. They were going to meet him in the woods at night, and..... anything that happens happened. 

      Time goes by quickly when looking forward to something, so naturally, time went slow. Katsuki wasn't necessarily dreading the meeting, but it wouldn't be something he would sign up to. Not to mention, there was the chance of Izuku being alive. The note didn't tell the group much. It only said the following:

Eleven P.M. Sharp. In the woods.

Don't be late.

     It was written in messy handwriting, but the note was gone by now, washed away. Anxiety filled the group's stomachs. All thinking all the same thing: Izuku is alive.

. o O o . 

     "Kid, come on," Dabi groaned when Izuku kept stumbling. Izuku replied with a look that seemed to say, 'Are you kidding me? You took away my chair and walking isn't a great option for me'.

     Dabi sighed, "Kid, I'm helping you. You should be running with glee or something."

     The same look was given.

     Dabi muttered something under his breath in the darkness and finally gave in to the easier method. How heavy could the kid be?

     Unsurprisingly, he wasn't very heavy. But Izuku seemed much happier now that he wasn't stumbling through very crack, rock, or twig he was stepping on. 

     "At least you way less than Keigo," Dabi muttered once again, and like the other times he muttered, Izuku didn't hear.

     It was nearing the said time, and Dabi felt anxious standing like a waiting duck. he felt exposed, but he thought that it would be better than keeping Izuku in the bunker. He just couldn't handle the little guy's crying anymore. he was a villain, sure, but that didn't make him heartless. 

     Unlike Hisako, who wasn't a villain in formality, but didn't have a heart. 

     Izuku shivered lightly in his meager clothing. Not to mention, he still had a gag around his mouth and a cuff around his arms. Apparently, Dabi was trying to help him, but he didn't take any chances. Even if he was quirkless and disabled, and for some odd reason, he felt glad he still seemed a small threat. 

     "It was just because I couldn't get them off in the time we had," Dabi said after seeing the slight pride in Izuku's eyes just to shut it down. 

     Izuku pouted, but he didn't say anything. It was cold like the nights usually were; however, since it had been raining for the last few nights, it was even colder. 

     Izuku's mind suddenly shifted to a small sound to the cocking of a gun, and surprisingly, it was from Dabi. Before he could ask, he shushed him. 

     "They're here," he said, quietly. "Try not to freak out too much." He added, placing the gun right on Izuku's right temple. 

     "There's no point in using your quirks. I could shoot him here and now," Dabi shouted louder, gun still firmly on Izuku. "Come out."

     Denki, weirdly enough, was the first to step out. 

     "Cool, bro," he said with a humorous grin. "I'm gay."

     Mina appeared next, "I knew it!"

     Eijiro walked into view along with Katsuki, who was as angry as ever even with Denki's effort to lighten the very, very dark mood. 

     Their faces turned serious when they saw Izuku. Katsuki was the first to react, wanting to rush up to him but knowing the gun was there. It led to him moving but then freezing in place. 

     "Now, now," Dabi said. "I'll give him over to you on two conditions."

     The group froze, but they nodded, expecting something dark or crime-involved as a favor. However, the reply surprised most of them.

     "You have to keep him away from Hisako, and you can't tell anyone I was the one to get him over to you. Make something up, you heroes were always good at lying," Dabi shrugged. 

     As he was about to hand him over, a gunshot rang clear. A sickening grin placed on their face, and a body hit the floor with a thud.

1074 Words