▪ Chapter 23 (Deku, Doku) ▪

Japanese nuptial cups were a symbol of marriage in a way. It is the most popular tradition for Shinto-style weddings in Japan. The process of exchange is called 'san san ku do' after purification. 

     Katsuki, as a kid, did mean to give it to Izuku. Though it was long forgotten in his mind, it wasn't in Hisako's. He had given it to Izuku as a symbol of future marriage, even though it was something done at the wedding ceremony and not before. But, it was a sweet gesture.

. o O o . 

     Mina screamed as Dabi's limp body fell to the ground. Izuku stumbled backwards as a force pulled on his hair. 

     "He was worthless anyways," Hisako spat on his dead body. "I knew he wasn't worth my time. Guess Daddy was right, people like him only die in the end."

     Her dead green eyes looked straight into Katsuki's,  "You are supposed to love me."

     Her eyes were no longer weeping like they would have when she made this conclusion. They were hard, narrowed eyes. 

      "What made you hate me so much?" Hisako asked. "I had only all the traits that any man could want. Beauty. Smarts. Talent. Powerful quirk. Tolerant. Adaptive. Pleasing. Personality. All the things Izuku doesn't have. Why, why do you love him and not me?!"

      "It's called being kind to others, Doku. Not to mention- he's gay!" Izuku spat, managing to wiggle out of his loose gag. "Should I tell you what that word means? Obviously you haven't heard it before in your life!"

     Hisako turned bright red in anger. Whether that be from his words or the old nickname, she wasn't sure. 

     'Doku'. She was called that a lot when she was little from people she didn't understand. She would be perfect to them, and they would call her Doku when she hurt Izuku. It didn't make sense because Izuku was nothing, useless, talentless. Nothing. Nobody should have cared when he was hurt because it was like hurting the air. Nobody cared because it was nothing. 

     Doku meant poison in Japanese, but she had never thought of her being that. 

     "You- You," she bit her tongue. She needed to be calm, rational. Izuku always loved her, and that is his weakness. It would work, but only if she stayed calm. 

     Tears suddenly formed in her eyes as she said quietly to her twin, "You hurt me, Izuku." She sniffled as she wiped at her eyes.

     In the past, Izuku would suddenly stop whatever he had done, asking her what he had done wrong. He would listen to anything she would tell him to do. 

     A sharp bark of laughter suddenly escaped a mouth. Not from anyone other than Izuku. Hisako stood shocked; she didn't expect that at all. Katsuki smirked.

     "'You hurt me, Izuku'," he mimicked. "Good one, Doku. I seriously wanted to comfort you, really. But, I mean, you just tortured me because of some cup from I don't know how many years ago! Are you crazy? Have you felt pain? Have you been hurt? Because you don't know hurt until you step in my shoes for one day- heck, one hour. You'd drop dead!"

     It was as if a bomb was ticking. A small, slow bomb. But the next thing that happened wasn't planned. On either side of the group. 

     An explosion went off, believe it or not, not from Katsuki. It was huge, and the group went flying in all directions. The last thing they saw?

     Six nomus rising from the flames of the explosion, and a man leading it all.

601 Words