▪ Chapter 30 (Blood Rush) ▪

It was a small attack, but the group was a sweating mess. The festival they all were excited for was a place the League decided to attack. It wasn't a coincidence that they just happened to be there at the time. 

     Mina huffed, her face a red instead of pink from the blood rush, "Wh-where is-"

     She wasn't able to finish her sentence. She fell over, the lights of the festival still bright. Eijiro tried to help her back up before giving up when she didn't budge and joining her. 

     Izuku was helping Katsuki get back on his feet. The nomus were getting harder to defeat, and the League was getting harder to track. 

     "Kacchan," Izuku called, trying to get the mood less tense. "Maybe we should look for Mr. Aizawa-"

     A scream was heard from not too far from them. It wasn't from Aizawa. The group suddenly were on their feet, some more shaky than others. 

     The group ran towards where they estimated the scream came from. It wasn't hard to find, the screams turning into sobs- heartbreaking, gut-wrenching sobs. 

     The air seemed to tense when they passed an alley. Everyone stopping at the horrid sight in front of them. It was supposed to be a fun trip- something relaxing after the class had dealt with a major blow. Not this. Anything but this. 

     Mina was the first to react, dropping to her knees as silent tears crawled out of her eyes. Denki placed a hand over his mouth to stop a scream or the rising bile in his throat. Eijiro was frozen in place- shaking all over. 

     Yamada turned around, eyes swollen red with sudden cries. The lights were bright around them, but it was dark, so very dark. 

     "Th-They-" he couldn't speak, couldn't breathe. Instead he bent down, taking a bloody note attached by a knife in Aizawa's chest. "She left this note for you, Izuku."

     Izuku felt like vomiting. His sister had killed him- Aizawa- someone who acted like a parent for him. Someone who cared for him like a son. 

     Izuku took the note, his hand shaking. He read it, not noticing that Katsuki was peering over his shoulder to read the note as well. 

     Katsuki reacted quicker than Izuku. Katsuki grabbed him by the waist, despite his injuries. He winced at the pain that flared up the cut on his arm, but he grit his teeth and held on to Izuku as he tried to pry his hands off. 

     "No! Let me go!" Izuku shouted as tears fell from his pale cheeks. "They said they'll stop! They'll being him back! He's still breathing- we have to hurry! Katsuki, please!"

     Katsuki brought the boy closer, "Izuku, they won't heal him. They won't stop! It's just a way to get you back to them!"

     Mina picked up the note covered in red from the ground where it dropped.

     She gasped as she read it aloud, "'Izuku! It's me, Hisako. I bet you wanted me dead, didn't you? Didn't ma ever tell you? Bad wishes lead to a bad future! But, I'm merciful, by the time you get this note, your teacher will still be breathing. He's barely alive, though. I will kill every friend you ever had.

     "'But, if you come to the third lantern with a red light, we'll stop. Promise. Daddy already agreed to stop involving ourselves with you. We'll heal your Aizawa, too. We only want you. Don't keep me waiting; you're on limited time.'"

     Yamada looked gravely over his husband's dying body. Then, his gaze turned to Izuku before dropping to his knees. 

     "Please, Izuku, I'm begging you-" Yamada pleaded to Izuku, sobbing once again. 

     Surprisingly, Mina, Denki, and Eijiro placed themselves between him and Izuku. 

     "Yamada-sensei," Mina said sadly. "I know you're feeling overwhelming grief, but it's clouding your judgement. This is a trap. They don't have the power to heal him-"

     "We need to try," Izuku pleaded to the group, digging his nails into Katsuki's flesh in an effort for him to let go. Katsuki didn't budge; he only held on tighter. "Katsuki-"

     He stopped himself. He felt off, something ticking in the back of his mind. 

     "Get down!" he suddenly shouted. Everyone obeyed, mostly because it was so sudden. They didn't have time to gain their sense- it only returned when a bomb went flying over their heads. 

     It obliterated the building behind them, and it came from the building beside them. 

     "Oh, Brother!~" Hisako's voice resounded over the flaming alley. "I missed you, Izuku!~"

     Izuku lay on the floor, a gash above his head. Katsuki lay a few feet beside him, and the others were not too far away either. The explosion was huge, but not something the group hasn't experienced before. 

     They stood up, already tired from the previous battle, but their eyes shined. They weren't going to lose anytime soon. 

817 Words