▪ Chapter 8 (In Too Deep) ▪

"Oh, you're so sweet! Thank you; I didn't think anyone noticed!"

     Hisako heard the overly sweet voice of her 'friend' Ochaco Uraraka. She sighed loudly. Hisako still had the wheelchair that was Izuku's, trying to still fake her injury.

     She smiled brightly as she entered. Until it dropped almost immediately, "What?!"

     She nearly screeched, loud enough for the whole class 1-A to stare at the red girl.

     "What- What are you doing here?!" Hisako demanded as she saw her brother in a wheelchair in her classroom. "You know what? I don't even care. Get out!"

     She shouted at the top of her lungs, pointing at the door for her brother to get out dramatically.

     "Midoriya, sit down," Aizawa suddenly said as he stood, with surprisingly no difficulty, from his desk in his banana bag. "He is joining us today. He got permission from the staff, and if anything goes wrong... we'll blame it upon Bakugou."

     Katsuki smirked as he saw Izuku interact with his classmates as he gently pushed Izuku around, greeting and introducing him to all of his friends. 

     Izuku had a bright smile on his round, freckled face, and he was a bit red from all the attention on him. He ignored his sister's presence... At least until it becomes inevitable for him to.

     Hisako wanted to wipe that smile off his face. She didn't even understand how they were able to get a wheelchair so quickly, but it didn't matter. She smiled maniacally as a cruel idea hit her. 

     She sat nonchalantly, ignoring the way Ochaco and her supposed friends were all crowding Izuku as if he was an angel from heaven. In their eyes, he was, nothing like the evil brother Hisako described him as. Somehow, even the coldest person in class, Shoto Todoroki, spared a small smile to the newcomer. Her pride was slowly sinking, but her plan would fix everything... at least, she hoped it would. 

     She gently slid her hand under her desk. Then, she used a little push of her quirk. The heat was radiating off Izuku, it wouldn't take much to send him flying, but that wasn't her goal. It would be too obvious that it was her. 

     She aimed her quirk carefully at Katsuki's hands holding onto the wheelchair, and she pushed them towards her. This made the wheelchair gain a bit of momentum, and Izuku was pushed towards Hisako's desk. 

     This wasn't enough, as she thought it wouldn't get her enough sympathy. She would then attract the chair even more, so it collided with her desk. Finally, the desk would topple over, and she would fall over backwards. 

     Her plan was perfect, all she had to do was initiate it. And, hell being closer to the school than heaven, her plan succeeded. 

     "Ahh! Izuku!" Hisako shouted as blood ran from her leg. A bruise was forming as well, and though it was pain, Hisako had to fight hard to hide her smile. 

     Izuku immediately tried to get up, but his legs gave out. He was sent tumbling towards the ground, so he crawled to Hisako, "Are you alright, Hisako?"

     He gasped, "Y-You're bleeding!" He exclaimed, ignoring the pounding in his head as he had crashed his head into the desk when he was pushed.

     Katsuki blanked. He had suddenly pushed the chair; that was not possible. He had worked years on improving his hand coordination because of his quirk. It wouldn't be possible to suddenly lose his grip and push. He scowled as realization dawned on him. 

     "Hi-Hisako, I'm so, so sorry!" Izuku said, nearly kissing her shoes. "I'm sorry!"

     The students eventually helped Hisako get into the infirmary, and the class was postponed a few minutes back. 

     Katsuki was one of the few who stayed back in the classroom, "Hey, are you alright?"

     Izuku started to tear up, but he didn't make a sound, just some shaky breaths and tears running down his cheeks. 

     When Katsuki didn't get an answer, he gently reached out for Izuku's shoulder, not seeing his face because it was covered with his hands.

     Izuku recoiled away from Katsuki's touch, "Please, Dad! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make Hisako get hurt!" Izuku suddenly shouted. 

     The other classmates that were in the room started to awkwardly walk out. Aizawa was with Recovery Girl in the infirmary, even though it was such a small accident.

     Katsuki froze, "Midoriya, it's me." The name somehow being foreign on his tongue even though he had called him that before.

     Izuku seemed to realize this, but his body still trembled. 

     In an effort to shake it off, he said, "O-Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to yell.... I-I guess I got a little carried away when I saw Hi-Hisako bleed. I- I just don't like her getting hurt."

     "It was only a little bit of blood. If she wants to be a hero, she'll have to deal with worse," Katsuki shrugged as he sat down next to Izuku on the ground. 

     "Kacchan," Izuku called, the name seemingly familiar, "She's my sister."

     Katsuki said without further thinking, calling him by a name that had come out naturally, "You make that an excuse, Deku. If she's your sister, she would love you like a brother."

     Izuku smiled, not going unnoticed that the names they used sounded perfect, "She loves me in her own way."

     Katsuki decided not to bring up the way he shouted 'Dad' when he had tried to touch him since Izuku was still slightly shivering. He decided to ignore the way Izuku's voice had broke, and the pleading tone that he had used, desperate tone. The way he jolted, and the way he hid his face. He didn't want to push it. 

     And Izuku was grateful. 

     "Just friggin' kiss already," Mina whisper shouted as he watched the two sit so close to each other. They were hiding behind the door.

     Denki chewed on his sandwich as he watched while Eijiro watched intently with Mina. 

     "Mina, don't you think it's a bit early for them to kiss?" Eijiro asked, however, his eyes never left the couple. By now, Katsuki had lifted Izuku back onto his chair after he set it upright again. 

     Katsuki slowly sat back down, leaning ever so slightly against Izuku's chair. 

     Mina shushed Eijiro, "No, they've been friends since four."

     Denki stopped chewing for a second, "Wait- how do you know that?" Little pieces of food flying out of his full mouth.

     "You two need to stop sending memes in the chats and actually stay up with the drama, idiots," Mina said, rolling her yellow eyes though no malice was held behind her words.

     Eijiro laughed, "Yeah, but you need to keep up with the memes."

     Katsuki caught sight of the trio and flushed a bright red. He flipped them off when Izuku couldn't see, but Mina only snickered. 

     "Yeah, he's in deep," Mina said, watching the way Katsuki's ears never left their flustered color.

1160 Words