Chapter Thirty: Per Mare

The long straightened brown hair combined with the straight frontal bangs, and cheek length side locks was just far too cute on her! I never knew how good it would look on her until now, but boy was I glad she followed through. I snuggled up to her as I wrapped my hands around her small waist and hugged her tightly. Burrowing my face into her neck I took in her sweet aroma as she laid there beside me in bed.

"What exactly are you doing?" Raelin asked as she tapped on her phone screen. She was playing one of those mobile games, I think it was some strategy game about anime girls with guns. I wasn't really sure, but I was distracted by something much more important right now.

 I wasn't really sure, but I was distracted by something much more important right now

"Well what does it look like?" I asked in return.

"You're sniffing my hair like some sort of weirdo." Raelin replied not taking her eyes off her game.

"I'm not sniffing it." I protested. "I'm merely admiring your new hairstyle, it looks super cute on you." I explained as I lifted my head out of her neck and looked up at her. Raelin's cheeks flustered a little at me calling her cute, but she managed to keep her cool despite that.

"Geez, why can't you just be like normal men who obsess over boobs or asses or something." Raelin said as her eyes still remained focused on her game.

"I like those things too." I said as I rested my head on her chest, and felt as Raelin's hand rested on the back of my head in response. "But I never get to see you without your bun, so getting to see you with long hair in a hime cut has piqued my interest." I said.

"I only changed my hairstyle because you asked me too." Raelin stated.

"Yes and I'm very happy that you did." I said, giving off a faint smile. "You look very beautiful with it, and like I said I think it makes you super cute." I added.

"T-Thanks...." Raelin murmured bashfully. "You better be grateful, I had to grow my hair out and cut my bangs to get this hairstyle right. You're also lucky I have naturally straight hair, when I was reading about the hairstyle I saw it's much more labor intensive to maintain without straight hair." Raelin explained as she turned to face me.

"Of course I'm grateful." I said honestly. "I didn't think you would actually do it, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that you did." I said.

"Yeah well you're the only one that gets to see it." Raelin said. "Whenever we return to Chaldea I'm putting it back up in a bun." Raelin said sternly.

"That's fine by me." I said. "Hearing you say that I'm the only one that gets to see you with that hairstyle makes me a very happy man." I said, bringing my face up to hers and looking her in the eyes.

"God you're such a weirdo." Raelin said.

"But you still love me right?" I asked leaning forward close to her.

"Of course I do, you idiot." Raelin said as she leaned forward and pressed her lips against mine and the two of us laid there holding the kiss for what felt like a few minutes. Eventually though we parted from one another's lips and took a breather for a moment.