Chapter Two: No Rest For The Weary

The sound of boots clicking echoed throughout the halls. The short brown boots of a young girl emitted clicks with every step she took down the white spotless hallway. The young girl continued down the hallway with its white walling and white floors that had a hospital like vibe to them. After a few moments of walking she passed a large black logo painted onto the wall as the hallway curved and lead off in another direction. As the young girl passed the logo, words revealed themselves reading "Chaldea Security Organization." Once the young girl turned around the bend she continued forward down the hall. Light creeped through large windows that lined the hallway she had entered, each evenly split apart going up to the ceiling, however as the young girl looked outside it was revealed that there was no sun in the sky only clouds filled the sky as a snowstorm raged outside. A frown formed on the young girls lips and a sigh escaped from her lips, before she continued on down the hallway. Several more minutes passed before the young girl came to a stop in front of one of many doors, the girl looked to the side and placed her hand on a panel next to the door. The door swooshed open granting her access as she stepped inside...

"Senpai!" Mashu exclaimed as she entered the room and placed her hand on a panel next to the door causing the lights to flash on, illuminating the room. The sound of Mashu's boots clicking drew closer until I felt her hand on my shoulder as she vigorously shook it. "Senpai come on! The Director wishes to speak to you!" Mashu said. I grunted and pulled the sheets over my head as I ducked under the covers and snuggled my head into my pillow.

"No. Go away Mashu." I murmured from underneath the covers.

"Senpai.... The Director says she really really needs to speak to you." Mashu asserted.

"Tell her I'll talk to her tomorrow." I groaned as I wrapped my arms around my pillow. I heard a sigh escape Mashu's lips and her hand once again rested on my shoulders as she pulled the sheets back and I winced at the blinding light flooding my eyes. I turned my back to Mashu and burrowed my face into my pillow closing my eyes once more.

"Senpai you can't keep putting off the Director, you've been cooped up in here for Four Days since we returned from the Singularity. You're starting to be like Scathach who holds up in the bedroom all year long..." Mashu said as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"What was that?" An irritated voice came from the corner of the room and Mashu's head snapped to where the voice had come from. Sitting in the corner of the room in a reading chair was the crimson headed Scotswoman.

"Oh Scathach! I didn't notice you when I walked in!" Mashu exclaimed fearfully as she raised her hand up

"Oh Scathach! I didn't notice you when I walked in!" Mashu exclaimed fearfully as she raised her hand up. "I apologize! Please I didn't mean anything by what I said! I just was saying Senpai has been hold up in here for awhile...." Mashu said nervously as she reached behind and rubbed the back of her head. Scathach narrowed her crimson eyes at Mashu not convinced, but eventually returned her gaze downwards to the book in her lap and flipped a page over in her book. Scathach crossed her legs in her brown reading chair and her toes rubbed against one another inside of her black leggings.