Chapter Twenty Two: The Aftermath

The silence that filled the room was deafening as we all stood around the table wearing grim expressions on our faces. We had gathered around a table in a meeting room located somewhere deep in the confines of Chaldea where nobody lurked. I had never been to this particular meeting room before, and had never known of its existence up until now. It was an unremarkable room that was dimly lit with nothing that stood out to me; there was a circular table that sat in the middle of the room with four red chairs around it. The one thing that was odd about it was that the table was located in a circle down two set of stairs. Sitting on one side of the room a grandfather clock, its hands still ticking away through the silence, while the opposite side of the room contained a cutout in the wall where a coffee machine and tea set sat. Lastly I could make out a large screen or TV monitor on the back wall, but it was currently off right now. It was an odd room more than anything, but regardless I had more pressing matters on my hands right now...

 It was an odd room more than anything, but regardless I had more pressing matters on my hands right now

"So run this by me again, our main suspect along with six other members of our security staff are dead..." Olga finally spoke up as she finished rubbing her temples, breaking the silence that had gripped the meeting room. Olga was the only one in the room who was currently seated as the rest of us were all standing. "... because of an Assassin servant whose master is unknown to us?" Olga said as she looked up at the two of us, Scathach and I nodded our heads in silence. Olga turned her attention to Andersen who was standing by her side and next to me. "Is what they are saying true, Andersen?" Olga asked directly.

"It would appear that way Director." Andersen said as he handed her a tablet which Olga accepted and placed in front of her. "We managed to recover the security footage from one of the cameras in the hallway that shows Assassin murdering the guards, before heading inside of Amara's cell." Andersen explained as he reached down and tapped the play button where I could see an upside down view of the chaos that ensued between Assassin and the guards as he or she cut them down. "Only a few minutes later would Christopher and Lancer appear on scene until eventually Assassin would exit the cell chased by Lancer." Andersen went onto explain. "Several of the cameras in the area confirm their story." Andersen added.

"I see so what they say is true..." Olga murmured as she watched the security footage playback on the tablet in front of her. Mentally I would sigh a sigh of relief, if it hadn't been for those tapes, Scathach and I very well may have found ourselves in a holding cell. So thank God for Andersen's hard work in getting that security footage from outside the holding cells. After a few moments Olga would pause the recording and push the tablet to the side where she would direct her attention to Doctor Roman who was the only other one in the room with us, he was standing on the Directors right across the table from Scathach and I. "And what say you Doctor Roman?" Olga asked.

 "And what say you Doctor Roman?" Olga asked