Chapter Twenty Three: Into The Void

I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by a blinding white light which caused me to raise my hand up to my face in response. Taking a moment to gather myself I slowly sat up from where I had been lying and lowered my hand from my face. My eyes widened suddenly as I looked at my hands, my hands were small and frail with polished nails, and they were paler than my own skin. I also noticed that my chest happened to be a lot less flat, as there was a pair of breast where a cupboard would usually be.

What in the hell was going on? My hands went up to my face where I felt a different facial structures than my own with the dead give away of no Adam's apple. I ran my hands through my hair and found that it was long and straight, and upon lifting my hair up I saw it was blonde, like a certain someone's. Looking back down I saw I was wearing a pair of black pantyhose, a white dress uniform, and a pair of knee high white boots. While I couldn't say for certain, I was pretty sure I knew who I was right now. Placing one hand on my knee and another on the ground I pushed myself up off the ground slowly but surely. Once I was up on my feet I looked around to try and determine where I was and.... Well I couldn't quite say. Everything around me was a white void, with no colors visible whatsoever. It was like I was trapped in some sort of room painted white, but this didn't look like any room. I knelt down and ran my hands across the floor to find it was a solid flat surface with no texture and looking up there was a bright light shone from the sky, almost as if there was a sun, but from what I could determine there was no actual sun. Looking around some more, I saw that there wasn't a soul in sight. It looks like I was all by myself in whatever bizarro world this was. It reminded me a bit like that dream I had with Alter Jeanne, but this time I was by myself. I was left standing there scratching my head as I tried to make out what exactly was going on...

"Amara!" A female voice called out to me. I spun around to face the voice but found nothing there instead. I was left scratching my chin as I tried to figure out what was going on, but before I could try and figure out what was going on the voice came again.

"Amara!" The voice called out to me once more. I spun around a bit faster to face the voice, but this time I was greeted by myself in a mirror. This caused me to jump a little at the sight of my reflection. Looking around I now found myself standing in a bedroom, an unremarkably bland room might I add. A twin bed with black and grey sheets sat in the middle of the room with its four pillows. There was a desk with a chair over by the window and the dresser that I was currently standing in front of with its mirror. While the room itself was bland, there were plenty of personal touches or signs that someone lived here such as books lying about and a violin stood in the corner. Facing the mirror once more I leaned in to get a closer look at the face staring back at me.

Sure enough I saw two diamonds staring straight back at me with straight golden hair that went down to my lower back

Sure enough I saw two diamonds staring straight back at me with straight golden hair that went down to my lower back. This time I was wearing a more casual outfit that was more feminine than I had ever seen Amara wear before. I gripped my chin and tilted my head, looking at myself at multiple different angles. Huh, I guess I really was Amara, but that was strange; I still had both my eyes instead of just the one. Not sure what to think of all this, I looked at my surroundings where I found a duffle bag sitting on the dresser, pulling the zipper back I found it was already filled with clothes and other various items. I guess I was leaving for somewhere, and I guess that somewhere was Chaldea. Looking around some more I found a photo sitting up against the window. Reaching down I picked the photo up and brought it to my face. Upon closer inspection I saw it was a photo of Amara with her sisters and mother, her father seemingly missing from the photo. In said photo Amara was hugging her sisters and mother happily, and it appeared as if Amara was the tallest amongst her siblings and her mother. I was taken aback though, because for the first time I saw a genuine smile emitting from Amara. I rub the photo affectionately for a moment before deciding to place it inside the duffle bag and zipping it close. Lifting the bag up over my shoulder I made my way over to the door and opened it preparing to walk out, but not before taking one last look at Amara's room. It had been nice to see what I assumed was Amara's room, but there was nothing to be done here. Unless of course I just crawled back into bed, maybe then this fever dream would be over. Shaking my head at the possibility, I faced the doorway and walked out...