Chapter Five: Homeward Bound

Something didn't feel right, not right at all. It felt as if air was having trouble making its way into my body. It was getting hard to breathe and things were starting to become dizzy. My eyes snapped wide open to see a pair of fingers pinching my nose shut. Looking down upon me were the cold eyes of my eternal torment manifested in reality again.

Scathach released my nostrils once she saw that I had awoken and air flooded my nostrils, relief washing over me now that one of my air passages wasn't blocked. I raised my hand up to my head as the spinning slowly ceased and out of the corner of my eye I glanced at Scathach. Scathach was standing over me wearing her red trench coat and black boots, tucked in between her arms were the books she had been reading.

"Are you trying to suffocate me Scathach by cutting off one of my airways?" I said as sat up in bed. Scathach only turned her back towards me and made her way towards the door.

"Our flight is leaving in a few minutes. And I've already spent more time here than I really wanted too. So hurry up." Scathach said just before she walked out of the room. I scratched my head in frustration as I watched her make her exit.

"That woman, I swear she's going to be the Death of me." I murmured as I ran my hand through my hair...

Getting out of bed I reached under the nightstand and pulled out my handgun in its holster and slid my arms into it before standing up. Upon sliding into my shoes I made my way over to mirror and brushed my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror and scratched my cheek. "Might as well do it now so I don't have to do it when I get home." I thought to myself as picked up the bottle of shaving cream and my razor. Applying shaving cream to my face I began delicately running the blade down my cheeks.

Looking at myself in the mirror I looked much fresher with a clean shave. Now that nobody could bitch anymore about my facial hair, I headed over to the closet and the door slide open. Reaching in I grasped my tie and suit jacket I put them on over my white buttoned shirt as usual. Once I had buttoned up my suit jacket I reached up and pulled my blue jacket and green scarf out, putting them on I made my way over to the door. I tapped a button on the side panel and the lights flickered off as I left the room. The door closing behind me I made my way towards the helipads with my hands in my pockets.

A Few Minutes later.

After the usual stroll through checkpoints and the spanning halls of Chaldea I grew closer to the Helipads. Looking up I saw Scathach and Mashu standing in front of dual sliding doors leading outside. Scathach had her arms crossed with the usual unamused expression, apparently displeased that I had not ran here in a full sprint in accordance with her wishes of wanting me to hurry up. Meanwhile Mashu stood next to Scathach waving at me with a friendly smile on her face, always the pleasant light there to overshadow the darkness. Standing by Mashu's feet was the white fur ball Four, sitting there patiently as if he was waiting for me. "That fur ball better not think I'm taking him with me.... Actually maybe if I do Shadow will eat him." I thought to myself, but then shook my head. That would certainly displease Mashu if Shadow ate Four.

 That would certainly displease Mashu if Shadow ate Four