Chapter Ten: Revelations

As I cruised down the Highway, the bustling city of Philadelphia finally came into view after the five hour long journey. Even though I had left the snow storm behind me in Pittsburgh, I could see that Philadelphia already had on a light blanket of snow, while the sun shined weakly in the sky. It wouldn't be long before the snowstorm in Pittsburgh came to Philadelphia and more snow would stack on top of the already existing snow. On the bright side of things, the later half of my trip home wouldn't be in a snow storm. Not that I minded the snow, it just wasn't fun to drive in. I pushed my foot further down on the gas and sped along the rest of the way to Philly, with flurries of snow kicking up around my car as I raced down the highway.

Shortly later I would find myself regretting my decision to rush to get here as I was now grinded to a halt in bumper to bumper traffic. This is why I didn't like going to cities, because of all the goddamn traffic. Although that did leave one to question why I lived outside of Pittsburgh and not in a small town. That was a good question, one I did ask myself often amid a bunch of other questions. I didn't have a very good answer for that question, the best answer I could give one was that I lived on the outside of the city and going to the outskirts wasn't as bad. That and Pittsburgh was a wee bit smaller than Philadelphia, and by wee bit smaller I mean 1.2 Million people smaller. I had lived in small towns in my life and I had come to miss having access to the stores I had access to while living near in a Small City. Maybe one day I would move to a smaller city with a population under a hundred thousand, however that would have to wait for another day. All these questions would have to wait for another time as well, because today I was going to find out from Ms. Tohsaka who had been behind the bombings and perhaps behind all of the singularities as well. This meeting with Ms. Tohsaka did leave me feeling a bit nervous now that I was close to finding out what she had discovered. I had tried my best for the past two weeks not to let my mind become occupied with what I would find out, however all this time suppressing these thoughts was now slowly eating away at me as I sat in traffic. What information did Ms. Tohsaka possibly have to show me? Where did she get it from? How did she find it when Clock tower had been unable to even find a single lead? Who was it at the top of Chaldea Security Organization that was behind things? Was I really being watched by Chaldea? Have they always been watching me? Were they watching my Sister? Or have they been watching everyone? If so that must mean they have the authority to do so, and there are only a handful of people who could even authorize such a thing. I had formulated some opinions or you could say theories on who had been behind the incident, but I didn't have much information to formulate these theories so they were really just opinions. Before I had learned it was someone higher up, it had been my theory that it had just been some disgruntled Chaldea employee that carried out these bombings to get revenge for something like hating their boss or not getting a raise. It might sound crazy, but people would shoot up their workplaces for stupider things than that. However that theory fell pretty flat, because I don't think not getting a raise or hating your boss would cause you to want to end humanity, or at least I don't think it would be enough reason. I didn't know to be honest; I had avoided thinking about the larger picture and hadn't really put much thought into who was behind all of this. Which probably wasn't a smart move on my part, but I didn't exactly have much to go on except for vague words from Alter Saber and the ramblings of a mad man like Gilles. So all I had was my opinions, disgruntled opinions as I rested my head against the wheel waiting in traffic...

Eventually I escaped from the slow grog of traffic and was moving again. I glanced down at the clock and saw that I had gotten here a bit early, for it was only twelve pm. Ms. Tohsaka and I were suppose to meet for dinner, but that wouldn't be for at least a few more hours. I wonder if I should look around a little bit or if I should just go find Ms. Tohsaka right away. I guess I should find a parking space first before I do anything. I drove up and down the streets of Philadelphia for awhile until I found a suitable parking garage and headed inside where I parked on the top floor. I pulled up the parking break and turned the key to the engine and it drifted off to sleep. All that was left was to get out of the car and find Ms. Tohsaka, simple enough right? "Yeah right, trying to find anyone or anything in this city was not easy." I thought to myself as I opened the door and my feet hit the ground. Once I reached the bottom of the parking garage and was out on the street I looked left to right to see a few people walking up and down the street. I had half expected for Ms. Tohsaka to appear out of nowhere like she had last time, however that did not appear to be the case this time. I reached into my coat pocket and pulled out my smartphone, Mashu, Shadow, and my own smiling face greeted me on the home screen as it turned on. I swiped my thumb across the screen and navigated through my phone to my messenger and I selected Ms. Tohsaka's contact and shot her a message.