01

Once the book is completed, the entire book would be edited for any grammatical mistakes, but only chapters 1-2 would be rewritten.

______________

The dark sky swirled among the black dusts of clouds in the sky, corresponding within the dimmed stars that faintly shined in the sky.

Madeline picked up her clothes and books from around her room. She sat back down on her bed catching her breath. She gazed at the window, watching the neighbor's children playing in their backyard.

The toddlers running beneath the dark sky sparked back to her childhood. Her soft eyes darkened as she remembered her mother dying after giving birth to her sister, Charlotte.

Madeline was only six, an inexperienced child. She lost her mother, still missing her mother tremendously.

Madeline looked through her window, — seeing the puddles of rain on the grass of her house.

Her thoughts were immediately interrupted when her stepmother walked inside her room. Her stepmother smacked the laundry basket on her dresser — tightening her bottom lip in anger.

Beatrice looked around her room, violently scoffing, "The bed hasn't been made, the floor is a mess and you haven't swept the floor!"

Madeline walked towards her stepmother, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. She looked around her room and saw everything neatly placed where it belonged, "I've already made my bed and cleaned my room."

Beatrice stared back at her with an quick eyebrow raised. She crossed her arms over her chest, breathing out another scoff, "Don't talk back to me! Change your clothes and I'll clean up your filthy mess."

Madeline walked inside her closet, opening her drawer. She took out a red dress and closed her drawer. Her stepmother left her room, immediately slamming the door.

Madeline pulled her nightgown over her head as she slipped into her dress. She opened the door and left her room.

She walked past her sister's room and saw her playing with her dolls. She walked towards her parent's bedroom, seeing her father in his suit. He stood in front of the mirror as he combed his wet hair. Her stepmother walked in front of her father, wrapping the black tie around his neck.

His wife lightly tugged onto his tie, smiling at him. Her father stared back at her and kissed her red lips. Beatrice tucked a strand of hair behind her ears, while kissing his cheek. She then turned around and saw Madeline standing besides the doorway.

Matthew stared back at his daughter, forcing a weak smile, "Madeline, wait downstairs, I'm coming."

Her stepmother darted her eyes at Madeline, pursing her lips in irritation, "Didn't you hear your father? Go downstairs!" She growled.

Madeline turned around and went back to her room. She walked in front of her mirror, brushing through every strand of her brunette hair, and replayed the tendered mess she saw her father and stepmother confide in.

The door slowly opened and Charlotte stood besides the doorway of her room. She looked back at her sister and softly smiled.

Charlotte leaned her head on Madeline's stomach as she softly stroked her curls in between her fingers, "Mum said you have to dress me."

She looked down and smiled at her sister. She held onto her arm and brought her to her dresser. She pulled her nightgown over her head, slipping her in a white dress. She brushed through her sister's hair, placing two pins above her ears. 

Her father and stepmother both walked inside the room, apparrating to a dark room.

______