28

The partly dimmed sky corresponded within the horizon that deluged in the white clouds, and caused an beautiful view to entangle in the darkest depths of a girl's green hues.

The soft whimpers of Madeline's mouth, caused an hidden coating of affliction to arise inside her tendered heart. It had been almost a week since she's been locked up in her room — not being able to see anyone besides her Grandmother and occasionally, Theodore.

Madeline wrapped her arms around her folded legs that pressed against her chest, while staring at the pellucid clouds from her window. She sighed to herself as she impatiently waited for someone to come inside and talk to her, and perhaps to reduce the disordered mess she was tangled in right now. 

Her eyes tore away from the window and to the woman walking inside her room. Mrs Nott slowly tipped her steps closer to her Granddaughter, holding a tray of her dinner. She set aside the tray besides her on the window seat and placed the white cushion behind her back.

"I'm not hungry—" Madeline dryly whispered, pushing the tray away from her, and burying her head on her knees. She then stared out at the window, wanting to drench in with the faintly darkened clouds from outside.

Mrs Nott cloaked an confused look on her tightly knitted brows, "And why is that, dear? Look at me, Madeline, were you crying again?"

With that, Madeline quivered her trembling lips as excessive tears escaped her teary eyes. She grabbed a pillow from the floor and buried her face in it, muffling her grieved whimpers. She felt her Grandmother's frail hands trail up to her legs, softly rubbing it as she caught onto her cries.

"I've told your father several times to let you out, but he wouldn't allow me to. He still believes that you're still seeing Riddle. I don't understand how on earth this has happened. Where was Theodore when all this happened? Have you slept with either of them—"

Madeline inhaled in an harsh breath, whilst the feeling of awkwardness drove past in her, causing her to pinch her eyes shut, "Grandma, please— one night led to another. This isn't my fault that I've lost my virginity before marriage especially if God has already written it for me."

Mrs Nott rose her eyebrows, slightly arching her back at the pillow from behind, and her fingers briskly grazing at the fabric wrapped around the bench of the window seat, "If your future children found out about this, many years later that both their parents weren't pure under God's eyes even before their marriage?—"

She rolled her eyes again, partly chuckling at her remark about her future children with Theodore, "That'll be a long time until they find out about that. I don't think Theodore will want them to know about it until they're much older."

Madeline switch her piercing gaze back outside. The beautiful clouds that she bore her eyes into — wasn't there anymore. They were parted away from each other, all torn away from the moment she set her eyes on it. 

It was then, she had felt an strike of realization jolt right through her core. She snapped her head over her shoulders, examining the look on her Grandmother's face and whether or not she should tell her about the Horcrux.

It was such an abhorred time to be thinking about that. But, it was the only wound that she needed to heal in order for her soul to lie in peace.

Madeline parted her lips to sought for her complicated question to her Grandmother, hoping that it wouldn't corrupt any bonds she had. She didn't care about her father at this moment, she only cared about the future, and the future she didn't know she was bound to have.

"Madeline, the way you're thinking about this is wrong. Your life isn't complicated, and neither will it be. Your father and sister both love you very much, and so does Theodore. Don't make this hard on yourself."