22

* MATURE CONTENT AHEAD *

___

Madeline leaned her head on the window, attentively staring at the stars. Her gaze was brought on to the moon, — drenching her grief at the midst of the darkness in it.

Her fingertips traced along the wet droplets of the rain, smearing the wetness along the glass. Every bit of her surroundings felt bemused — and it eventually hit her that she losing abundant amounts of sleep.

She was so congested about yesterday — every detail lingered inside her mind about her being the Slytherin Princess, Gray, and especially, Riddle's words.

Everything was a blur, it seemed so wrong for her to be in such a complicated life now, everything she was into, — was surrounded with nothing but misery and that misery tremendously triggered her.

"What are you doing here?" An deep voice spoke from behind, illuminating her from her lost thoughts.

Madeline snapped her head and saw Theodore standing besides her. She moved over to the left, allowing him to sit besides her on the floor, "I thought I'd stare at the stars before I fall asleep."

The tension between the two remained silent, although it was peaceful, it still greatly pained her. She was hiding something from him and that tormented her — Madeline knew she was in everlasting danger, still, she didn't take that to heart, yet.

"Do you remember when I've told you that I've always wanted to live in a castle? Sort of like a fairytale," Her green eyes glinted from the moon then back to his, a smile expanding on her rosy lips.

"How could I?" Theodore's tone entailed with sarcasm, his thumb brushing along her soft skin, "It's all you've talked about, and I've told you several times that it doesn't happen like that."

She looked down at her fingers, — the diamond of the engagement glistening through the adorning stars. A familiar air of coldness shivered through her bare shoulders —  comforting her under his touch.

"I guess all the foolish things we've said as children, never came true," She said, dolefully, her chest heaving unsettlingly in agitation, "I don't know how much of this I can handle, it's starting to stress me out—"

Theodore caught his gaze on her strained chest, and her bottom lip twitching as she rubbed her sleepy eyes, "If there's something on your mind, you can tell me, Madeline, otherwise you should be asleep now."

Madeline shook her head, sinking her teeth in her lips. She didn't want to tell him — everything that she came across from Riddle, was a foul mistake that she was never suppose to commit.

"Theo, there's nothing you can do—" Tears began to disseminate inside her eyes, she bit her bottom lip, clutching her fingers at his shirt, "I've made a mistake, a terrible mistake and I don't—"

"What mistake?" Theodore's tone suddenly grew harsher, his jaw clenched, and his eyebrows creasing as he darted his eyes at her alarmingly, "There's always some sort of fucking mistake that you do everyday!"

A chill ran down her spine, she pushed her knees towards her chest and rested her head on it, — wiping the wet and bitter tears with her sleeve.