21

The cold sweet mists of the rain falls tipped through the library window of Hogwarts. The enticingly aura that swarmed through the castle enlightening many awful and upsetting moods through it.

Madeline fell asleep in the seat of the library. Her head tipped back, while a book was placed on her face. She felt her lids heavy, — exhausted from the homework she received last night.

She instantly fluttered her eyes, feeling the heavy weight of the book suddenly leaving her face. She rubbed her eyes — hooking them upon a brunette girl that stood besides her and held her book between her fingers.

"Didn't get enough sleep last night, Nott?" Azalea uttered, her tone laced with sarcasm and her fingertips flipping through the pages of her book, "What are you doing here, all alone?"

Madeline shook her head, tucking a curl behind her dark hair, "Oh— it's nothing, it's just that I didn't get enough sleep last night, and the nights before that, I don't know why."

Azalea slyly smiled, her honey brown eyes piercing through hers, "It's not a secret anymore, Nott, almost everyone knows about it. I just don't fucking understand why these idiots believe shit like that, it doesn't sound believable, at least, maybe not to me.

"What do you mean by secrets?" Her brows furrowing, and her spine heaving at the uneasy tension crawling through her, "I don't have any secrets, and there isn't a reason for anyone to be talking about me like that."

"You haven't heard the rumors about you being under some sort of spell?" Azalea anticipated, her lips pivoting as they stared at her agitated green eyes, "I mean, it's obvious who could've spread the rumors, but, I'm not going to blame her."

Madeline leaned her knees towards her chest, closing her eyes in frustration at the words that left her lips. She sank her rosy lips inside her teeth — holding in the tension that ripped through her ribcage.

Madeline tilted her head to the right, feeling an outburst of rapid emotions gushing through her, "I wouldn't be under a curse, If I was, I would've known about it since my Grandmother is a potioneer, and I would be fully aware of what I was doing—"

"I know, but I mean, it doesn't matter anyway, I've told Adalee to stop spreading false rumors. It's probably the grudge that she's holding against you, still, she shouldn't be saying something like that."

Madeline felt her heart vanishing within her soul — she bit her bottom lip to prevent herself from crying any unnecessary tears. The aching twinge that she felt before, irked back to her, — and pulled her back into her state of affliction.

"Are you alright, Nott?" Azalea abruptly asked, staring back at the girl in confusion. Her scrunched up nose and quivering lips, evoked her that she was taking in the words that she has said. 

"No, I'm fine," She sniffled her nose, crossing her arms over chest, "It's just that, we've had a rough past during our first years at Hogwarts and she still held that upon me, I've never done or said anything like that to hurt her."

Azalea smiled, placing a hand on Madeline's thighs and squeezed her soft skin, "You don't need to worry about her, she's my sister and I'll deal with her myself."

The tension that lurked through both the girls sank, — within the concern that held upon Madeline's green eyes. She'd never seen Azalea talk to her in a way where it felt as if they'd known each other for so long, yet, it still didn't unsolve her questions.