20

This chapter includes minor disturbing & triggering content.

___

The unsettling tension still lingered on the core of Theodore's face — yet, he still felt himself on the very edge of igniting. His brain dauntingly warped around his messy thoughts, nothing made sense, nothing entirely made sense.

Moreover, he didn't understand how this supposedly happened. Everything went by a flash under his eyes — blinding him from the concealed secrets that were hidden under her eyes.

Mallory's eyes.

Her eyes held something eerie that he couldn't quite apprehend. They pierced through his soul — whenever he gazed his brown eyes upon her beautiful eyes. They held an immortal touch and that in which vastly reminded him of his dead mother.

His daughter's eyes were alarming, the way they tore through him and told him that he was in danger, tremendously broke him. He didn't expect this, — he didn't expect any of this after being engaged to Madeline.

Theodore gazed his eyes back to the girl sleeping in his arms, Mallory took small breaths as her fingers interlocked around her father's thumb. She gripped her fingers on the fabric of his robe and snuggled it towards her face.

He impatiently waited until Madeline came back from Hogsmeade, he paced back and forth feeling his flesh pinching through his skin — heaving off his rapid and heated breaths.

Theodore didn't know much longer he had to look after Mallory. The clock ticked after every minute — exhausting him for every step he paced for. He walked towards her crib, placing his daughter back inside it.

He glanced back at the clock and it was an only an hour left until midnight — Madeline still hadn't come back. He grew more impatient and worried for her, it was late in the night, and, — possibly anything could happen to her.

Theodore had to see his Grandmother — he needed to tell her about this. He couldn't bottle in the truth anymore, it drove him insane, thinking about the possible outcome of this situation.

His eyes flickered back to the girl sleeping in her cradler — he couldn't leave her here alone, but, he had no other choice. He had to see his Grandmother and he needed to tell her about Madeline being under a wicked curse.

Abruptly, the sound of door knob softly twisting and closing caught his sudden attention. Madeline threw her coat off her shoulders — heavily sighing as her eyes flickered on Theodore's back.

Madeline walked behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She buried her face in his back and softly stroked her fingers through his curly hair, "I'm sorry, Theo."

Theodore snapped his head towards her, gripping his hands on her waist, "Madeline, where have you been? It's been more than a few hours and I've—"

"I know, I didn't realize the time," She whispered, gently rocking the child in its cradle, "But— I knew you'd be worried about me, so I came as quickly as I could."

The moonlight that rose through her shallow red pupils, glistened. Madeline tucked a curl behind her ears — alluringly smiling at the vivid stars soaring through the darkened sky.