26

The dread that flew across the Gaunt's Manor enlightened many moods of those who watched others fall in misery — watching them obey and follow each command that was brought into the eyes of the Gaunts.

Tom stood besides his window, tightly gripping his fingers on Madeline's necklace. Every night, the necklace would always disappear from him and come back to him every afternoon. Always on the same time.

The necklace terribly reminded him of her and her powers. The black gemstone wrapped in between the chain also reminded him of the day he'd seen her eyes turn pitch black and not a bit of sweetness lay in her deep green hues.

Her infuriating but tempting smile and voice always lingered inside his mind. He couldn't help but think about her presence besides him, and her green eyes that sought right through his soul, lavishing his own while he attempted to trigger hers.

Tom still hadn't seeked the revenge that he needed from the Notts — he needed to get further through Madeline's mind and ruin Theodore's life the way she has asked for. He knew how important Madeline was to her own family and to him. Tom also knew that, it wouldn't be long until she was completely under his control.

And, he needed to take away something precious of theirs.

Madeline.

Azalea tipped her steps closer to Tom, fiddling a black envelope between her fingers. She stood behind him, waiting until he'd realized that she was standing there. She pierced her honey brown eyes at the window he was staring at — while an foul smirk was curled on the ends of her red lips.

"Riddle, I've gotten what you've asked for," Azalea whispered, stretching her hand out and handing him the black envelope, still keeping the smirk on her lips, "—And, I've seen Nott at the book store with her cousin. She had the serpent mark on her arm—"

Tom instantly narrowed his eyes, ceasing his tightened lips at her, "Did she see you?" He harshly spat, abruptly digging his fingers at her shoulders, her red lips slightly parting alarmingly, "Did Nott fucking see you there?"

"No— she didn't see me, but he did, and when he saw me, they left shortly after." Azalea muttered, the bits of concern trailing off her own stumbled tone, "And Riddle, if they find out that I've been spying on them, then that would—"

"If anything like that happens, you'll be fucking responsible for that." He growled darkly. He threw the necklace on the table, the metallic striking of the gemstone colliding against his wooden table, flinched her, "If anything like that does happen, your grave will be right besides them, Gray. I will not guarantee that your sister will stay alive any longer."

And with that, he strolled past Azalea and left. The cold wind that flew past him, blew her black hair away from her back and left her breathless. She drawn her strained gaze back to the black gemstone sitting on the table — the beautiful crystal tempting her eyes for the essence it gave.

Azalea slowly sauntered her step closer to the gemstone, holding the necklace in her hands. She knew the forbidden revenge that she was planning with Tom, — would ascend the evil in her and have her regret every bit of goodness inside her own soul.

But, she had to do it,

She had to do it for her sister,