27

"I'll only be asking for this once, Madeline." Mr. Nott growled, his eyes boring right through his daughter's green hues. He crumpled the letter between his fingers, still keeping the stern look on his face, "Which boy sent you this letter and where did it come from?"

Madeline felt her soul crawling right out of her chest and her eyes peering at the floor, before she snapped her head back at her father. "I don't know, Daddy. I believe that it was a mistake that wasn't meant for me and maybe for someone else—"

She indefinitely knew who it was from,

Riddle.

She clenched her lips shut as her eyes gazed upon her Grandmother's. She held the same look that her father did — but much more softer. Madeline knew that this horrible day would someday come, and she'd been dreading that it just wasn't today.

Her head sprawled in front, meeting her father's gaze. She could feel the serpent mark on her wrist begin to burn, stretching her blood coated flesh to arise in pain, "It was from" Madeline caught her breath inside her throat, uncomfortably trembling her bottom lip, "—It was from Tom Riddle."

Her rosy lips parted, when she heard a frightened gasp leave her Grandmother's lips and an growl from her Father's.

"Are you planing on to run away with another Riddle, just like what your cousin did? I certainly believe that your Grandmother has strictly warned you from meeting with the Gaunts and Riddles!"

The bitter tears inside Madeline's eyes began to saunter. She didn't know how she was suppose to tell her father that she was an Horcrux of Tom Riddle, and that hell for them was just waiting to occur. She turned her head over her shoulders, capturing the ice cold look plastered on her Grandmother's face.

Mr Nott's shallow eyes tore away from his daughter's and back to the invitation between his finger. His face grew much angrier as he stared so inventively on each vowel on the beige paper, "No daughter of mine leaves my house and sleeps with other boys, without my permission—"

"Daddy, this is my life and I choose who I'll marry, even if that means that I'll marry more than one boy to fulfill my desires!" Her rosy cheeks began to sting in anger, the hot pricks of tears not once leaving her stained cheeks.

"You're not marrying that perilous boy, he isn't worth your standards," His mouth twitched alarmingly, the fear in his voice didn't provoke her one bit, "His family is much more powerful than ours, and you'll be under their vulnerable possession."

A chill ran down her spine. She could suddenly fell her throat going dry, and her mouth quivering in discomfort. Her stomach was on the very pits of its own ignition — the last corrupted ashes.

Madeline strolled towards her father, impelling her anger on each step she took. She snatched the letter from his hands, squeezing it tightly as her lips hissed at him uncontrollably, "How could you say something like that!"

"You have no right to interfere with my life decisions. I'm not a little girl anymore and you need to stop treating me like one—"

The last bits of her voice drifted out of her own control, and at that very moment she enviously loathed everything in her sight; including her father. She could feel the spleen tears inside her eyes again, — elapsing past her eyelashes and fall onto the floor.