25

Tom fiddled with the quill between his fingers, he peered his eyes back to the parchment sitting on the desk, examining each ink coated letter he has written. He dipped the quill back inside the ink, continuing to write his letter to Madeline.

He thought of an appropriate way to write a letter to her and in loathed hopes that she'll write back to him. Her soft and pleasing voice lingered inside his ears, the beauty that was so falsified in her, yearned him for her pleasure.

He was abruptly interrupted by a brunette girl walking towards him, an alluring smirk curled on her lips. She wrapped her arms at the back of his neck — inhaling the deep smell of vanilla and sandalwood.

"Isn't it a little to early for this?" Azalea uttered, she flashed a quick smile on her lips, gazing her eyes at the ink drenched parchment, "You're writing a letter to Nott? Can't this at least wait?"

Tom looked at her lips twitching as if she didn't it. Azalea sat besides him on the chair, her eyes still gazing at each script letter of the tan parchment — her smile growing denser and much weaker than before.

Azalea swallowed the lump in her throat, her mouth twitching uneasily at the words that left his lips, "What will happen to me? Would I be completely gone from your life when Nott lives here?"

The sorrow that reefed in her tone — irked with the agitated look that was marked on her face. She wiped away a single tear that left her honey brown eyes, she couldn't take in that he wasn't going to be hers anymore.

Tom dropped the quill on the parchment, noticing the satiny tears staining her cheeks, "I've told you several times this I have to fucking do this, Gray. I'll give you the necklace that you've wanted, but besides that—"

"I don't want the necklace, it'll mean nothing to me if I lose you within that," She whispered, her brown eyes disseminating in abundant amounts of stray tears, "She has already taken away Nott from my sister and if she takes away you away from me, then I won't let her."

Tom formulated a vile smirk on his lips, his fingers slowly interlocking between her dark waves, "Pathetic girl," He whispered beneath her ears, his fingers harshly gripping on her shoulders.

Azalea locked her brown eyes on his, tucking a wave behind her ears. She felt her eyes drenching in tears again as she chocked on her breath, "And does that mean you love her? If you're doing all this just to get revenge on her family, does that mean you actually love her if you're doing—"

"My love, how could I love someone as pathetic as her? That filthy excuse of a girl is only an distraction for the misery that I'll set upon her."

____

The dark wind flew past Madeline's hair, earning a heavy sigh that left her lips. Last night felt so wicked to remember, everything that happened was no where near something she should be smiling anymore.

Her hands clutched tightly on the railing, her eyes closing as she felt delighted of the wind blowing her hair, —  the wetness that the rain left behind. The pale white snow was almost washed away by the peculiar thunderstorm they had received last night.

The winter break was almost over, and it was only a couple of days left until she'd be going back to Hogwarts. This didn't excite her. She knew whenever she went back to that castle, she was always faced with some type of misery — lashing her away from happiness.