14

This chapter includes minor triggering content.

___

Theodore walked back to Madeline's room, replaying her peculiar behavior last night in his mind. He was fed up with her clinginess and he couldn't handle her anymore.

After he'd left her room, he found her necklace sitting on the floor. He instantly understood her obnoxious behavior, apprehending that without her necklace she would be acting unusual.

He opened the door to room, tightly clutching his fingers onto her necklace. He immediately saw Madeline laying on the floor, gripping onto the switch blade.

Theodore sat besides her, staring at the blood coated blade. His eyes laid upon the small slits on her chest as small oozings of blood extruding from the slits.

He placed her on his lap, noticing the dried tears on her pale face — knowing that he'd caused her them.

Madeline slowly fluttered her eyes, uncomfortably shifting on his lap. She recognized his scent and demeanor that immensely gleaned through him.

"Get away from me," She hissed, standing up and walking away from him, "Get away from me Theodore, or I'll—"

"I've had enough of your fucking pettiness!" He spat, walking towards her as he tightly gripped onto her neck, "Put this fucking necklace on and you'll be back into your damn senses."

She stared at the gemstone, shaking her head in disapproval, "No— I can do whatever the hell I want and you're nobody to stop me!"

"Don't fucking talk to me like that! You know very clearly who I am to you and if this continues until—"

"You're only my cousin and nothing else. We could be related by blood, but not by our attitude. You're very different from me, Theodore, your attitude will never be like mine!"

He furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief, never had her meaningless words that an effect on him until now. She was slowly turning into something that he'd thought he would never see in her — not once.

Moreover, he'd accepted Madeline as his future wife, and the girl he'd spend the remainder of his life with. She was a pain, his pain, the pain that he'd never want the wound to heal from.

He clearly knew once she was back from her insanity, she'd feel remorse for the words that she said. Yet, the more he spent time with her — the more he felt that she was never coming back.

Her delicate smiles, eyes and aura was gone. He didn't pleasure what he had from her, she was already gone, the Madeline he knew from all his life was gone, replacing her with someone else.

"Theodore, I don't want you here with me, you're reminding me of everything that was suppose to be nothing but a mistake in my life."

Theodore inhaled sharply, feeling her words sting him, "Madeline, I'm not going anywhere and I can't leave you here alone—"

"You're not staying here, at least not near me," She crossed her arms over her chest, pursing her rosy lips, "Get out of my room Theodore, I can't spare myself to look at your pathetic face anymore." 

"Why are you doing this to yourself Madeline?" He traced his thumb along her cheek as he held his distress, "Madeline, you know that you love me, and I'd never do anything like this to hurt you—"

Madeline pushed his hand away from her, darting her eyes at him, "You're a foul and a selfish person, you care about nobody else besides yourself." She spat.

She felt no remorse towards her words. She wanted him to know about the horrible person who he thought he was wasn't.

Theodore was like a poison — the poison she'd been drinking all her life while Madeline was his burden, the burden he kept all his life.

He stared back at her teary eyes and her lips that hid her sorrows, "Don't do this to yourself, you're not in your right senses and you'll regret saying this after."

"Even if I wasn't in my right senses, what I've said is still true," She felt her heart flickering in deceit, "I've always blamed myself for your mistakes and thought that you'll someday change for me."

Madeline held onto her tears, she didn't want to cry for him anymore — he was her drug and she kept consuming it until it turned into an vile addiction.

She loved him, a lot. He never showed that affection to her until now, but she also knew he still loved his girlfriend and was still seeing her behind her back.

"I'll tell Grandma and my Father that it's over," She sucked onto her tears as she stared at the engagement ring on her finger, "This reminds me of everything I've lost, and that includes you, Theodore."

She didn't dare to look at his face and neither did she want to know how he felt. She felt useless compared to everyone else, she lost her mother and lost the love that left with her.

She was always use to being a second choice to everyone — including to her own blood.

Madeline faltered her head, leaning her back onto the wall, "I— I want to be with someone who doesn't see me as their second option."

She instantly turned around, feeling his hot breaths boring through her back. She chocked onto her sobs as she faintly remembered the dreary night of their engagement party.

"I can't live to be your burden anymore and I'll come out of your life," She turned around, facing his baffled brown eyes, "And, at least you don't have to carry this awful burden around anymore."

Theodore stayed quiet — he didn't know how to respond. Surely it seemed to him that she was being clingy and annoying to him, but, she did love him and possibly even more than anyone else has.

Once again, Madeline pulled the engagement ring off her finger and stared attentively at the diamond gemstone.

Madeline locked her teary eyes on Theodore as she placed the ring on his palm, "Put it on Gray, she deserves it more than I do."

_______