001

The child peered above, his hazy purple eyes looking at the man with innocence

"Listen well, Mon Chaton. You must never let anyone steal your true name. Your true name is the formula that's shapes your very being. In other words...it's your life itself."

———

The citizens gossiped with each other, as the board with all the latest vampire sightings came onto display.

It showed dramatic titles, Such as, 'Vampire appears in Paris!!'.

In the mixture of the crowd, there was a lady, not differing from others. She came seeking western medicine, in hopes of being cured of her..situation.

She felt cold. But it was warm on the blimp...

She could hear the whispers of ladies up ahead. "A vampire..?"

"How awful..truly?"

All this lady could focus on was the unbearable feeling of frost running thought her blood.

She tried focusing her mind on something else, relishing in the voices of many folk.

"Does this mean there were survivors, then? How frightening...They lost a war with humans long, long ago and were annihilated, we're they not? Still..vampires..."

"My great granddad said he saw one!"

"No, No, vampires are mere figments!"

In the mess of it all, Noē stood, quietly eyeing the papers on the board.

He lips left agape, breathing in the worry filling the air.

"Well, they say the church's chasseurs are on the move, so I doubt there's any need to worry!" One citizen reassured.

The people soon laughed it off, the noise filling the grand hall.

Noēs heightened senses, caught the eye of the woman, a blanket tightly wrapped around her.