002

The clock struck, gathering the attention of passengers on the blimp

"That time already? We'll need to prepare to disembark soon. I'll escort you to your room, Mlle Amelia."

Amelia just stood there, her veins pulsing with every breath she took. She felt cold, but sweat rolled down her forehead, she gripped her forearm, breathing heavily.

'It's cold'

"From this point on, all passengers will be unable to use the onboard facilities. Those who are not yet prepared to disembark should—

The voice that echoed through the speakers blurred out, Amelia gripping her forearm tighter.

"That story..." She trailed.

"The Book Of Vanitas. Do you think a think like that truly exists?"

"I don't know...However..I received a letter that said it's existence has been confirmed in Paris. It was sent by my former teacher. Does The Book Of Vanitas really exist...Or not..? I'm going to go to Paris to see for myself."

Noē rambled on and on, he didn't notice Mlle Amelia's condition worsening.

She fell to her knees; her eyelids heavy from a strange exhaustion. She felt as though she was being taken over...Consumed..

He immediately turned around, hearing her crashing down on the floor.

"Mlle Amelia!? Are you alright!?"

Her reached a hand to touch her, but she smacked it away, as a new sense of anger pooled her mind.

Angry thoughts that weren't hers...

"Don't touch me!!"

She backed away, hanging her arm on the second floor railing for support.

Noēs eyes widened, tipping down the edge of his hat.

"Mademoiselle Amelia...you're.."

Her eyes were revealed in true color. A red that shined brighter than blood.

"...A vampire..."

Her fangs protruded from her mouth..

That's when she lost it...

The moment he made an appearance.

A strange man crashed through the windows of the blimp, a wild smirk playing on his features.

"What..?"

"Found youu~!"

He reached out a gloved hand, preparing to strike Amelia, but Noē blocked him from doing so.

He landed on the ground, hoping to have striked Amelia, but instead, Noē had grabbed her before he could.

"...Hm..I thought I had you there. What're you?" The man questioned, the same smile on his face.

"I could ask you the same.." Noē muttered, confusion evident in his voice.

"My only business is with that girl. Take my advice; leave her and get lost. If you don't.."

He tilted his head, an evoking grin on his facials.

"You'll get hurt.."

"I refuse." Noē said nonchalantly.

He closed his eyes and shot them open, lunging at Noē.

A maniacal grin still lifted his face. His repetitive swings with a pocket knife were knocking Noē off balance, but he still kept a firm grip on Amelia.

"HA HA! For someone carrying a girl, you move pretty well!"

He slipped out a retractable wire, swiping it under Noēs feet to make him lose his balance.

'Wire?' Noē questioned, quickly dodging the wire below him.

"What the heck? What's with that guy!?" Another man standing from the broken glass said.

Noē did his best to dodge every swing, but eventually he lost his footing and slipped.

"Got 'im!" The strange orange haired guy said from up top.

Noē threw Amelia into the air, catching him off guard.

In that moment, Noē steadied himself, throwing a kick to the guys abdomen. He flew backwards, gaging from the sudden wind being knocked from his lungs

This gave the chance for Noē to catch Mlle Amelia, and run away.

The orange haired male from before, used the same wire that he had, and slid down to his comrade.

"Hey! You alive quack!?"

"I am not...A QUACK!!"

His clothes were dirty and unorganized, yet he laughed.

Blood drew from his nose...and he laughed.

A slick smirk formed on his young features.

"HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Well, well! That was careless of me! Those red eyes. So he's a vampire too, eh!?"

Although he had been thrown harshly, he stood up without fall.

"Hurry. From the looks of it...little time remains."