009

1 year later

1 year later

The girl skidded back, spitting out blood that coated around her mouth.

"What have I taught you Adira! Use your speed and durability to your advantage! Now, come at me!"

She caught her breath, slamming her sword onto his.

Her sword clashed against his attacks, ducking and dodging from her near deaths.

She used the last of her strength to power her cardinal eyes, using her speed to slide around him and strike.

"Dammit!"

She exclaimed, looking at her sword that had broken from the impact.

She took the remains of her sword, holding them in her hands.

Before she could strike his back, he had put his arms behind him, letting the sword block her way.

The impact broke her sword into pieces.

"Good job for today, Adira."

Her swollen eyes magnified.

"What do you mean? I failed, didn't I?"

"No. I do not expect for you to land a hit on me. As of now, you have gotten stronger since last year."

She slumped, walking back in the house with Vanitas following shortly behind her.

"But I'm not as strong as I want to be."

"For now, please go get some rest. I hear you at night practicing, and I want your health to come first before your sparring."

He lightly fisted the top of her head, letting his hand sit on top.

"You're doing amazing Adira. Don't worry about your strength. You're already doing better than me when I was your age."