013

Luca narrowed his eyes and he grew serious

"Monsieur Vanitas. It's impudent of me, but I've come to ask a question." Luca began.

"That book...The Book Of Vanitas...would you give it to me?"

Silence.

The tension in the air strained your muscles, and you felt like it took years before he gave an answer.

"Nope! This book isn't a toy for little kids like you!"

A sudden breathtaking defying moment, a loud smack crashed into the ground.

Your eyes hazily followed to Jeanne's, and she looked worse than before.

Irritated beyond belief.

Unfortunately, they were both unfazed. Instead, Vanitas only gave a flat expression.

"Why do you want it? Do you understand what it is?"

The rude remarks only further pushed Jeanne's anger...and yours too..although you weren't keen on showing it.

"Of course." Luca answered plainly.

"The Book Of Vanitas is a catastrophic book that will bring destruction upon vampires...Because its power makes it possible to interfere with vampires true names, it has been called an analytical engine in the shape of a book. All the while, it is an evil device that creates the beings know as curse-bearers!"

Luca slightly panted from his speech and gripped his bag that was slung over his shoulder.

Noé and Vanitas stood there in complete confusion, processing what Luca had just said.

"I'm spreading the curse around using the Book Of Vanitas? Is that what your trying to say?" Questioned Vanitas, giving him a disbelieving look.