4 - Closer

"Hey. What's up, amazon?"

Yeji is definitely surprised. She never thought she'd be relieved to hear someone call her amazon at that moment.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Ryujin took a sip from the bottle she's holding.

"Are you following me?"

"Excuse me, following you? I should be the one asking you that."

Realizing what Ryujin said, Yeji played with the handkerchief in her hands. "H-how long have you been here?"

"An hour ago, before you came running here like a lost child."

"Oh. I didn't notice you earlier."

"I figured that out." Apparently, Ryujin had seemed to camouflaged in the dark with her black hooded jacket and black shorts.

Yeji said nothing. A minute ago, she was worried Ryujin would spend the night with Lia--she's not sure why she's worried in the first place--and now she feels relieved to see Ryujin just in front of her boozing on a liquor.

With no warning, Ryujin gently threw a small towel on Yeji's face. "Dry yourself up, you're a mess."

Yeji frowned at the towel, wondering why Ryujin is being nice to her.

"Don't worry. I haven't used that one yet, princess."

"Oh... thanks..." Yeji couldn't understand why the endearment sounded sweeter this time. "So, what are you doing here alone?"

"Just thinking about some random stuff. You?"

"I was on the phone with my mom before it rained."

"Ahhh."

"I, uh, I thought you will be with Lia tonight."

Ryujin gave her a confused look. "In your room?"

"Yup."

"What am I gonna do in your room then?"

"Well, you know... Lia giving you a real hickey?"

Ryujin was about to drink from the bottle but she stopped. "Seriously? Do you really think I'd do that?"

Yeji nodded. She lied.

"What? Are you kidding me?" Ryujin put the bottle down. "I won't do something like that, at least not with a random person."

"Well, I thought you and Lia were..."

"We're what?"

"I don't know... flirting?"

Ryujin laughed. "C'mon, Hwang, seriously? Do you really think of me like that?"

Yeji nodded hesitantly. "W-weren't you?"

"The last time I checked, the term 'being nice' is not synonymous with 'flirting'."

"You can't blame me. You're too nice to Lia, well, to all your fangirls actually. I thought you're just playing with everyone."

"Well, can't I be nice to people who were nice to me too?"

Yeji pouted. "I guess you could say that." She sat on the table with her back facing Ryujin. "Sorry."

"For?"

"For having that kind of impression on you."

"No worries. Were you thinking I was flirting with you too?"

"I didn't mean it that way." Yeji knitted her brows.

"Ooh, do you think you're seducible?" Ryujin lightly poked her back.