48 - Sleepover

The next day...

Yeji turned on her PC without bothering to look at their IM. She knows Ryujin woke up late today.

Yeji pulled out her phone to reread a message from Ryujin thirty minutes ago: 'Driving now. See you later. Love you!'

Yeji covered her mouth, trying to suppressing a squeal from escaping her throat. Until this moment, she can't bring herself to believe that they are together now, that Ryujin is hers, that out of the many fangirls in the office it is her who had caught the latter's attention.

"I guess that smile means you're okay now, huh?"

A cold voice from behind startled her. Yeji was so high in clouds she didn't notice Lia is already looking over her shoulders.

"Is that Ryujin?" Lia walked back to her table.

Yeji glared at her friend. "I'm still mad at you, do you know that?"

"Mad at me for what?"

"For telling Ryujin."

"Oh, that. So, she really went to your place yesterday, huh? Shouldn't you be thanking me instead?"

"But you told her everything... and it's embarrassing..." Yeji covered her face.

Lia chuckled. "So, did you two talk about what happened?"

"Yes, and we're okay now."

"Okay like?"

"Just... okay..."

"Will you spill out more details?"

Yeji remembered how exactly the talk went. But her mind jumped on what happened during their dinner date, and even on their phone talk that made her giggle in delight numerous times on her bed last night.

"Oh. My. Gosh. I know that face, Yeji!" Lia pointed at her. "I know that face!"

Yeji, who didn't realize that she was already smiling, immediately pursed her lips. "What?"

Lia bent down in front of Yeji. "Tell me, can I squeal now?"

"Squeal for what?"

"Well, you said you two are okay, right? Does that mean that she already knows you love her?"

"Yes..."

"And you know that she loves you too, right?"

"Mmm-mmm..."

Lia held Yeji's hand tightly. "So, are you guys together now?"

Yeji smiled coyly. Thinking about the revelation yesterday still sends giddy feelings all over her body.

Yeji nodded. "Yes, officially together since yesterday."

And Lia really did squeal.

---

Yeji is passing by the elevator area when the lift door opened, revealing Ryujin from behind.

"Hey," Ryujin greeted, walking towards her.

For the first time in her life, Yeji doesn't know how to greet someone. She knows a simple hi would do. However, a part of her wants to run and embrace the approaching person. She was thankful that her brain is functioning well at the moment, keeping her sane and reminding her they are in the office.

"Hi."

"I missed you..." whispered Ryujin.

The urge to wrap her arms around Ryujin is kicking again; Yeji hugged herself instead. "We were together just last night, right?"