47 - Game

"She called in sick today," said Lia.

Ryujin slumped her shoulders, couldn't take her eyes away from Yeji's table. "Do you think she's okay now?"

"I don't know. She said she's not in the mood to go to work today."

"Have you told her about what we've talked about last night?"

"Nope. It's your job now to tell her that. Not me, honey." Lia put emphasis on the last word.

Ryujin scratched her nape, feeling shy and guilty.

"Do it today or else I'll kill you for making my friend cry, okay?" said Lia.

"I will. I will. I don't have plans of prolonging this either," said Ryujin, sighing. "After last night all I wanted to do is just to straighten up things with her."

"But I think you've got to be a little tough. Expect she would resent you at first, or maybe push you away. It's a normal defense mechanism of a person who's hurt."

Ryujin puffed her cheeks. "You're right. I'll go to her house after work."

"Ryujin..." Lia called when she's about to leave. "This is the first time I'd seen Yeji get swept off her feet. So please, please take care of her. I'm entrusting her to you because I know she'll be in safe hands."

Ryujin smiled. "Thanks. I promise I will take care of her."

"You better be, or else..." Lia didn't finish her sentence, but she made a throat cut signal with her hand.

Ryujin chuckled. "I'll remember that."

---

Ryujin pulled her car over onto the side of the road. She rolled down her window about halfway to better see if someone's inside Yeji's house.

Ryujin grabbed her phone and dialed Yeji's number. It took a few more rings before someone answered.

"Hello?"

Ryujin felt happy hearing Yeji's voice. But the small sniffs on the other end of the line pinche her.

"Yeji?"

"Yeah. What?"

"Are you at home? You didn't come to work today." Ryujin glanced at the house again.

"I was not feeling well."

"Oh. So, you're just home?"

"Yeah. Why?"

Ryujin felt a little nervous knowing that Yeji is just a few meters away from her. "Is your mom in there too?"

"Nope. Why do you keep on asking me things?"

"I... I'm right here in front of your house."

"What?"

There was a movement on the other end of the line. The sound of Yeji's footsteps followed. Ryujin saw Yeji peeking through the window. Ryujin fully rolled down her window and waved a hand.

"What are you doing here?" asked Yeji.

"Uh, visiting you?"

"I don't need visitors now, Ryujin."

Seeing Yeji through the window made Ryujin realize how much she missed this little tyrant. "I came here to talk to you."

"Is there anything else to talk about?"

"There is. There's a lot. Especially after what happened last night."

Yeji sighed. "Go home, Ryujin. I'm not in the mood to talk to you yet."