7 - Drunk

"Guys... I said... I can walk on my own... No need to carry me... Let go of me... now..." Yeji commanded. Ryujin and Taehyun were assisting her to walk, her arms draped around their shoulders.

It turned out, Yeji did enjoy the drink. Too much, in fact, as she kept filling her glass like she was not aware that it's a mixture of alcohol and other stuff. After an hour, she became so talkative which lead Ryujin to think she's drunk and that it's time to take her home.

Lia, on the other hand, was having a good time with the bar owner. Yuna volunteered to drive the lady home later by herself.

"Yeah, you could walk on your own," said Ryujin, trying her best to carry Yeji, "but you keep on stumbling, you know."

"It's because... it's because... I can't feel my legs..."

Ryujin adjusted Yeji's arms on her shoulders. "If you were feeling something strange about your legs earlier, why did you drink a lot?"

Yeji tilted her head to Ryujin and drew her face closer before smiling. "Because... it tastes... soooooo... goooood..."

Ryujin could only sigh. She wondered how Yeji can still be so cute even when drunk. She might not have admitted it before but she's getting fond of Yeji lately.

"Ryujin," called Taehyun who's also drunk but not like Yeji. "How far more is it? I... I don't remember where we parked the car..."

"We're close, Taehyun. We're now in the parking lot."

"Oh. Good. My house is... it is just around the corner. You'd have to drop me off first before Yeji as I believe she lives further..."

"Yeah, I'll do that."

"Thanks, man..."

Ryujin smiled to herself. This is the first time she had gotten out for a drink after a year of abstinence. It's undeniable that her source of joy that night is the wasted lady they are carrying now. It just pleases her to know more things about Yeji. It makes her feel closer to her.

Yeji kept talking about random stuff while they walk to the parking lot. Upon reaching the car, they assisted her to sit in the back seat. Taehyun sat in front. They drove immediately and reached Taehyun's home first.

Yeji looked out the window when she felt the car stopped. She squinted her eyes, observing the house in front of her. "So... this is... your place?"

"Yes..." said Taehyun, stepping out of the car.

Yeji frowned. "It doesn't seem to look like a happy house..."

Ryujin and Taehyun laughed.

"Let her be. She's drunk," said Ryujin, glancing at the passenger behind.

Taehyun leaned in the rolled-down car window. "Thanks, Ryujin. I'm too dizzy right now. I should be the one accompanying her home."

"No worries. I enjoyed tonight."

"Me too. I'll see you on Monday. Just ask Yeji where her address is, okay?" Taehyun pulled back and waved goodbye.

"Will do!" Ryujin gestured a salute and stepped on the accelerator.

Her familiar car looked like a different world now. Ryujin felt like her night had just started. Yeji is in the back seat looking out the window.

"Yeji...?"

Yeji turned at the call, leaning an arm against the back of the seat. "Yes, honey?"

Ryujin almost choked on that. "A-are you okay?"