17 - Quiz

It was midweek, two days before the trip, when Ryujin received a chat message from Yeji.

"Ryujin, I realized this just now. Have you booked our room yet?"

Ryujin giggled. The term 'our room' is too much for her to take. Just imagining that she'll be alone with Yeji in a room sends her into a frenzy.

Ryujin typed in her reply. "Heejin took care of it for us."

"Wow. Your ex is very generous, huh?"

"She said it's her late graduation gift for me. And she's not my ex."

"Oh, really (•_•)"

Ryujin chuckled. "Btw, our check-in date is on Friday night. We'll check out Sunday noon."

"So, we'll drive straight there after office on Friday?"

"Something like that. Travel time would take 3 to 5 hours."

"That means you must pick me up on Friday before going here to the office. I don't want to carry my things up here."

Ryujin still can't believe that this is happening: a trip with Yeji alone. This is way better than a date. Plus, the fact that they need to pretend as a couple really makes it the best trip she'd sign up for.

"Ryujin, could you come with me later?"

"Where to?"

"Shopping. I still have to buy some things for the trip. I'm sure Lia will just annoy me with too many questions if I take her."

"I understand. I think it's a perfect idea. We still need to talk about some details concerning the questions that Heejin might throw at us. A little practice or rehearsal would help."

"Oh yeah. Let's talk about that over dinner?"

An idea popped into Ryujin's mind. "Is it okay if we'll drop by a flower shop before we go to dinner? I'm making a reservation for Heejin."

"Sure. I'll see you later at the parking area after five o'clock."

"Got it."

---

"Hey, Ryujin. Look at this!" Yeji tugged the taller woman when she saw a stand featuring the cherry-flavored edible lipstick they worked on before.

"This was our first project together, right?" Yeji picked one item and raised it between their faces.

Ryujin looked speechless. It was when the blush was evident on Ryujin's face when Yeji realized what the other woman could be thinking. Yeji's eyes automatically landed on Ryujin's lips, remembering what happened last Friday in the latter's car.

They never talked about it when they met in the office after the weekend.

Unknown to Ryujin, Yeji's face was burning red that night when she went out of the car. There's no better way she could think of to get back at Heejin who had surely pushed Yeji almost on the edge.

That night, after getting inside her house and finally closing the door, Yeji slowly slid down the wall into a sitting position. She was glad that her mom was upstairs because she doesn't know how to handle her heart beating wildly against her chest.

"Look, that's the tagline you've thought of, right?" said Ryujin this time.

Yeji looked at where Ryujin was pointing. "Make him crave for more."

"Cool, huh?" Ryujin nudged her. "I told you, you've done a great job on that."

Yeji raised again the lipstick on her hand to observe it.