fireworks

[chapter seven: The Bite]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

THE FAINT sound of fireworks could be heard from outside. Though, that was the least important thing that was happening.

M/n was sitting down on the couch next to El, he had his eyes shut. He didn't know what to do.

"He said he was building something. That it was all for us." El gestured to both of the psychics in the room.

"Building something.. is he talking about the flayed?" Max questioned as she looked up at everyone else.

"He must be." Nancy responded.

"So, he's building an army just like we thought." Lucas spoke.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread.—"

"He's building it to stop Eleven and M/n." Will nodded.

"Last year, they both closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like royally." Lucas added.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that they're the only thing that can stop him, but if they're both out of the way—"

"Game over."

"He.. also said.. that he was gonna kill all of you.." El wrapped her fingers around M/n, he opened this eyes just a tiny bit to look at her.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max looked away, crossing her arms.

Then there was a loud noise. Nobody thought anything of it because of the fireworks that were going off, but Nancy suspected something.

She slowly approached a window, standing before it.

"Do you guys hear that?" She shuddered.

Everyone else leaned closer towards the window.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan said.

"Billy." She turned around, facing the two psychics on the couch.

"When he told you guys this, it was here, in this room?" El nodded.

Everyone looked around, the noises began to get louder somehow, more thunderous.

That's when Will's hand made its way to his neck. He shakingly placed it onto the back, where goosebumps began to form.