What is wrong with you??!

[Episode 5: The Flea and The Acrobat]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

FOUR BOYS CHILLING in a basement. A girl laying on the couch, head on the couches arm rest while her legs sat on top of a boy's lap.

"What was Will saying?"

A raven-haired boy spoke, pulling everyone out of their thoughts.

"Like home.."

Another boy with h/c colored hair spoke.

"But dark..?"

"And empty." The dark skinned boy added.

"Empty and cold.. Wait did he say cold?-" a curly haired boy was interrupted by Lucas.

"I don't know.. the stupid radio kept going in and out."

The four boys sighed.

"Like riddles in the dark.."

"Like home.. like his house??"

"Or maybe like Hawkins!!" Lucas pointed out. Though El tried to make that point pretty clear, but since she had been stuck in a lab for her entire life, she couldn't find the right words to explain it in a full sentence.

"Upside down.." El spoke, her voice sounding like an old lady from the position she was in.

"What did she say??"

"Upside down." M/n repeated.

"What?"

"Upside down." Mike repeated once more, walking up the table that had their D&D board set up on. Everyone got up, all except M/n and El. M/n lightly patted El's legs so she could lift them so he could stand up. She did and he smiled at her as he went to sit down.

"When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board remember?"

Mike spoke flipping over the board back to its original side.

"Upside down. Dark, empty."

"Do you understand what he's talking about right now??" Lucas looked at Dustin and M/n.

"No." "Yes."

Both of the boys spoke, exchanging confused looks.

"See, M/n gets it! Guys c'mon just think about it."

"When El took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?"

"Yeah. And he wasn't there.-"
"Yeah but what if he was!"

"What if we just couldn't see him.." Mike explained, "what is he was on the other side..?"

"What if this is Hawkins. And this is where Will is." Mike started from the beginning again, flipping the board over.

"The Upside Down." M/n finished.

"Like The Vale of Shadows.." Dustin told them.

Everyone on the table exchanging looks.

Dustin them grabbed a book labeled 'DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS expert rulebook'

He turned the pages until he came to the page that had the letters printed on the page.

'Vale of shadows'

"The Vale of Shadows.. is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world."

Everyone leaning in, listening attentively.

"It is a place of decay and death. A plane out of phase.. a place of monsters."