Max

[chapter four: dear billy]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

THEY STOOD behind the girl as she stared at a dead end. "It was right here. Right here." She  pointed her flashlight at the empty wall.

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy turned towards M/n and Gabe. 

"That's what it sounded like." M/n nodded as he continued to look at Max in concern. 

"It was so real.." The clock chiming played on repeat in her head.

"And when i got closer.. I woke up." 

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin explained.

Max turned around, the flashlights pointed towards her. "That's not even the bad part."

They went to Miss Kelley's office where Max showed them the files of the other victims.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help. They both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then.. the nightmares. Trouble sleeping, they'd wake up in a cold sweat, then they started seeing things. Bad things, from their past. These visions, they just kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually.." "everything ended." m/n finished as he rubbed his temple, trying to get the images of Chrissy and Fred's broken bodies out of his head.

"Vecna's curse." Robin said.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Everyone stayed silent in shock.

"I dont know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy.. they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." They looked up at her. "And i just saw that goddamn clock, so.." she breathed in shakingly. "Looks like im gonna die tomorrow."

Suddenly a loud clang echoed out of nowhere, they all went silent as they looked in the direction of where the noise came from. 

Steve turned back to the group. "Stay here.." He walked away to investigate. 

"This moron.." Gabe muttered as he followed after the male, grabbing a lamp on his way out. 

As Steve and Gabe both walked out into the hallway, Gabe holding the lamp up, just about ready to swing at whoever was walking towards them. 

The rest of the gang walked out into the hallway despite being told to stay, they stood behind the two guys as loud clattering echoed from the adjacent hallway. It sounded like the noise was getting closer, Gabe raised the lamp higher until someone finally came from around the corner. 

Lucas screamed, causing both Steve and Gabe to shout as well. This freaked everyone out as well. A light shone onto Lucas' face as he held out his hands desperately to prevent himself from getting beat up with a lamp.