superhero

[Chapter eight: The Mind Flayer part one]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

THE ALARM started blaring throughout the whole building, alerting all staff.

The hallways shining a faint yellow from the alarm. Mike and M/n panted as they tried to get their breath back after nearly being tackled by Bob.

"What the hell?"

"We're too late.." Mike gasped.

"What?" Bob turned to look at him as his grip loosened a bit.

"We're too late!" Mike ran back to the room, gripping m/n's hand right in his.

"What's going on?" Dannia stood up and looked at the three guys.

"We're under attack." M/n answered.

Mike rushed to the counter to reach for a needle. "We need to make Will sleep."

"What?" Joyce questioned.

"He's right, he's a spy. If he knows where we are, then so does the shadow monster." M/n agreed.

Will rose up from the bed as he looked at both of them in disbelief and anger.

"He's lying! They're lying! M/n you know me!"

"He killed those soldiers, he'll kill us too!" Mike continued.

"He's lying! He's lying!" Will continued to shout in his mother's face to try and get his point across.

After a few seconds of Will screaming, the alarm going off, and a few shouts from out in the hallways, Bob looked out the room.

"Those are gunshots!"

Joyce eventually had enough of Will screaming at her so she turned to him. "Okay will! Listen, listen, do you know who I am?"

After Will stared at her in silence as if he didn't hear or he was taking a break from speaking.

"Do you know who I am?!" She repeated.

"You're... You're mom." Will answered, though his tone was still different, like he only said it so he'd believe her.

Joyce breathed out as she looked at Bob who was beside Will.

"Hold him down." Will started to freak out as Bob wrapped his arms around his body to restrict his movements.

"No.. no let go! No let me go!"

Joyce apologized to Will as she injected the needle into his arm. Mike and m/n let go of eachother once Will's shouts died down and he was unconscious.

Hop and Dr. Owen burst through the door soon after, looking like they ran a marathon.

Hop glanced down at Will's arm, seeing Joyce holding the needle just above it. He turned around when the door began to break down behind them.