patterns

[chapter three: the monster and the superhero]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

A TARP FLEW off of the person hiding in the boat. The guy began to breathe heavily when he heard something, like a car door slamming. The man walked up to the window to try and get a better look, nearly crapping his pants when somebody spoke from inside the room.

"It's just Dustin and—" "JESUS CHRIST.." Eddie jumped so high, his hand placed on his chest as he looked at the male sitting down in a chair with his arms crossed.

"Were you watching me sleep?" Eddie furrowed his brows.

"Well, you had a tarp over your head so.. no. Not really?" M/n shrugged as he scratched the back of his neck, his answer more of a question. 

Just then the door to the shed opened, once again spooking the life out of Eddie. Dustin held up a bag with a smile. "Delivery service!"

Eddie guzzled down the food, practically shoving it down his throat as he listened to everyone speak. 

"So we got.. some good news and some bad news." Dustin began. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie spoke with his mouth full of Honey Comb cereal. 

"Okay, bad news.. we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." 

"—Also! They're prettey convinced you killed Chrissy.." "Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max added.

 ".. And the good news?" Eddie asked shakingly.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin continued. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do, and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie looked up with a frown.

"Exactly." M/n nodded. 

"shit.." Eddie muttered to himself. 

"So, before that happens.. we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin explained. 

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie questioned sarcastically.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it." Dustin answered genuinely. 

"Listen Eddie, i know that everything coming out of Dustin's mouth sounds totally delusional, but we've been through this before." Gabe comforted with a smile. "I mean, they have a few times.. and i have once." Robin clarified.