do you remember?

[Chapter eight: the mind flayer part two]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

EVERYONE SAT around in the Byers' house, since it was the closest to the lab, which means it would only be a matter of time before those creatures made their way towards them.

M/n sat in his mother's lap as she sat on a couch, running her finger through his hair. Gabe anxiously bit his nails, he has been waiting for his brother to wake up from his sleep, since he passed out on the car ride back here.

Everyone left Joyce alone for a bit to process and collect herself.

Mike glanced around the room, his eyes landing on m/n for a while before he looked at the box of games Bob brought before Will had his seizure.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?"

"Really?" Lucas asked.

Mike nodded as he turned around after gripping the blue cube in his hands.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything, then he had a fundraiser for equipment." He explained. "Mr. Clarke learned everything from him.."

"Pretty awesome right?"

"Yeah.." Lucas and Dustin sighed at the same time.

"Well what do you wanna do Mike?" Dustin responded sassily.

"The chief's right on this, we can't stop those demo-dogs on our own." Dustin shrugged.

"Demo-dogs?" Max questioned.

"Demogorgon.. dogs.. demo-dogs." He elaborated.

"Okay.."

"I mean, when it was just dart, maybe..-" "but there's an army now."

"Precisely."

"His army."

"What do you mean?" Gabe sighed as he shoved his hands into his pockets to prevent him from biting his fingers any further.

"Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too.."

Mike walked into Will's room to grab a picture Will had drawn.

"The shadow monster."

"It got Will that day on the field, the doctor said it was like a virus, and it infected him." Mike explained to everyone.

"And this virus connects him to the tunnels?" Gabe gestured to his surroundings, where several pictures were still taped throughout the house.

"To the tunnels, monsters, the upside down, everything."

"Woah, slow down, slow down-" "keep up grandma." Gabe teased.

"Okay, the shadow monster's inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will."