Welcome to Hawkins

[Chapter one: The vanishing of Will Byers]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

IT HAD BEEN four years since he had been in Hawkins. He finally returned.

M/n was glad and overall excited that he'd get to see his friends again. Four years sure have felt like forever.

As a late birthday present, his mom decided to finally grant his wish. He had been hinting to his mom, by saying things like: 'I'd be the happiest person alive if I ever saw my friends again!'

M/n practically jumped with glee when he found out. Doing small ballet twirls in the air as he laughed and thanked his mom a million times.

He couldn't wait to see his friends..

Once they arrived, they brought the boxes from the truck inside the house. He looked at the boxes and tried to find his bike hidden behind one of them.

Yes, he managed to have enough money to buy a bike, sure it did take away half of his allowance but the bike would come in handy. 

His old bike was a rusted machine, you could practically hear the metal chains scrubbing the rust.

M/n rode around the town, seeing a couple of familiar faces.

"Hey!! Welcome back L/n!" Or "Nice to see you again M/n!"

It made him smile knowing people still remembered the him, possibly even waiting for his return.

It always kind of scared him, knowing that one day someone can completely forget, and replace you. Hopefully that didn't happen.

He decided that he was hungry, and pulled out his wallet that held the rest of his money he still had.

He entered a store, hearing the same bell ring in the background.

"Ah! My favorite customer has come back!" An old gruffy voice cheered. M/n turned around and showed off his goofy grin.

"The one and only." M/n grinned smugly.

"I suppose you want your favorite afternoon snack as well?" Donald raised his eyebrows knowingly.

"You remembered!" M/n smiled, taking out his money to pay for it. "Nah ah, put your money away son, on the house, as a welcome back gift." Donald handed him the bag of chips with a small soda.

"Gee, thanks." M/n's smile widened. "Anytime, son." Donald nodded.

M/n walked out of the store while grabbing his bike, he sat down on a bench and opened his bag of chips and soda. After a small afternoon snack, he threw all his trash away.

He walked along side his bike while thinking of how he would surprise the party. 'ugh this is hard.' After coming up with nothing, he just decided to walk up to their doorstep and say 'hi'

Maybe he could do it after or during school? Since he was starting school soon.

He rode his bike into the garage, he placed it against the wall. He is walked inside to see his older brother Gabriel.

"Sup Gabe." M/n nodded. "Hey, you pick any room, it doesn't really matter to me." Gabe pat his shoulder, then reached to ruffle his hair.

Gabe chuckled at M/n's attempts to swat away his hands. "Alright, let me know when you picked one." M/n playfully punched Gabe's arm away.

M/n began to look around. His eyes darting from one place to another, before settling on a medium sized room with a closet. The closet was big enough to fit him, if he slightly ducked his head.

M/n looked around before nodding in conformation. Once he found the room, he let Gabe know. They began to move all of his things into the room.

M/n set up his bed once the sun began to set, his mind wandered off to his family. His grandfather taught him a lot, mostly because his father was never there, he never knew why, but he didn't care. All he needed was Gabe, mom, and his grandparents.

He finished setting the big things into his room, like his desk, a small bookshelf, etc. He was a bit sweaty, so he grabbed a towel from a shelf that his mom had placed.

He walked into the bathroom and took a nice warm shower. When he finished, he got changed into a baggy black T-shirt and some sweatpants.

He laid down on the bed. Negative thoughts suddenly began to eat away at him.

He felt nervous. 'What if they don't want to see me..? ', 'What is they already replaced me, and hoped for me to never come back?'

Thoughts rushed into his head while he clutched the shirt with his now clammy hands. He then shook his head and bit his thumb. Which was oddly a source to bring him back to reality.

He relaxed and mentally prepared himself for any consequences he may get or not, he just wanted to see them.

He began to close his eyes, letting himself bask in the darkness and the comfort of his bed.

'I'd just like to see them..'

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

Author's Note :

H/t means hair type.

Rewritten chapter

Edited: 7/14/22, im gonna be editing all of the chapters