not the same

[Chapter one: The Hellfire club]

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

THINGS HAD gotten more difficult. The incomplete group of friends entered highschool, all trying their best to fit in, to blend in. 

Just make it through with as little issues as possible. 

Well, everything seemed okay, except for it wasn't. 

Nothing was the same.

Max began to distance herself from the rest of the group. Mike, Lucas, and Dustin joined an edgy D&D club called Hellfire. Lucas then went on to pursue his dream at getting popular, and joined the basketball team, even though he was a benchwarmer most of the time. And of course, Will and El moved away to California. 

And M/n was all alone.

Of course, he brought this upon himself. After he realized how everyone has found something they at least wanted to do, m/n felt empty. 

He didn't really know how to describe it, but he just felt like something was missing, like all of a sudden he was the only one there. 

After everything that happened in Starcourt, he's been moping around. I guess you could call it an emo phase if you wanted. 

M/n sat on the bleachers in the back. He tried to find someplace secluded but all of the spots were full and he felt suffocated, he really did not want to be here. 

He didnt bother listening to whatever the guy was saying, or whoever he was. He glanced at Lucas who was staring back at him, he gave a small smile and a wave. 

M/n sat up and raised an eyebrow, he looked around before pointing at himself to which Lucas nodded with a grin.

M/n gave a shrug and a lazy two finger wave, accompanied by a tight lipped smile.

He hadn't really talked to any of them since they "split" and he didn't know how to go about it if they just decided to talk again.

I mean, if it really depended on it, like lives are at stake, it would probably be easier. Hell, sometimes m/n found himself wishing that that would be the case, because then he would have an excuse for just wanting to talk to them. 

After the pep rally, he sped walked the fuck out of there and to the back of one of the buildings to do whatever, idrk, probably smoke weed?

He just needed something to calm his nerves, really. Ever since Will moved away, everything had gone to shit. 

He talked to Max a few days ago, she talked about how she had been getting nightmares, headaches, random nosebleeds. He felt worried, he wanted to take the pain away from her, but he ddint know how. And that made him feel like a complete failure.

M/n sighed as he pulled out Will's letter from his pocket. 

It was short and simple, but you could tell that Will meant every word.