The Jealous X

- Hidalgo's Mansion -

As he promised, Oscar went home early to join Liam for dinner.

He's sitting on a couch waiting for him when he arrived.

"Hi, son!" he called when he spotted Liam right after he enters the mansion's main door.

"Hi, dad! How's work?" he smiles and stands up to meet him halfway.

"As always, maraming trabaho sa opisina--- by the way, kasama ko si---" he was cut off when Ellen instantly came to rush and hug Liam.

"Hiiiiiiii! Liam!!!" on her high pitch tone and hugs him firmly.

He was temporarily unable to react.

"Ughh! Here comes another b*tch!" only in his mind.

His dad scratches the back of his head out of guilt while his eyes were fixed on him.

"How are you? I missed you! I brought some of your favorite snacks from US---"

"I'm fine" his plain and uninterested response.

His dad notices his change of mood and immediately explained.

"Uhm, Liam, napadaan lang si Ellen sa opisina. May mga negosyo syang inaasikaso dito sa Pilipinas kaya naisip ko na---" flash back of Lily's face interrupted him, it should be her that will dine with them.

"---naisip ko na imbitahin na din sya na dito na magdinner" he continued.

"All right" he answered like he doesn't care whatever brings her there.

"Naku Liam, hindi ka pa rin nagbabago, gwapo ka pa rin kahit masungit ka" she disregarded his cold treatment on her.

-----

Meanwhile, Elizabeth entered the awkward scene to inform them that the dinner is ready.

"Mr. President nakahain na po ang hapunan--- Si---sino po sya?" she asks when she noticed an unfamiliar face.

"Another headache" Liam whispers.

"Uhm, sya nga pala Ellen si Elizabeth, matagal ko ng staff simula pa noong Presidente ako. Elizabeth si Ellen, tinulungan nya kami ni Liam sa US, kaibigan ko" Oscar introduces them to each other.

Ellen just nods at Elizabeth.

"Kaibigan nyo po o kai-bigan?" she clarifies.

"Ikaw talaga Elizabeth. Tara na sa dining area baka lumamig pa ang hapunan" he invites them to change the topic.

--------------------

- Edward's Condo -

Lily on the other hand can't stop thinking about her recent encounter with Ellen, she decided to pour a glass of wine to help her calm down.

"Ang bilis naman akong palitan!" in her annoyed tone gripping the wine glass like she's gonna crush it into pieces.

However, her inner self answered.

"Fifteen years ka ba naman sa kulungan?! Malamang nagkaroon sya ng ibang ka-relasyon! Gwapo at maginoo ang asawa mo! Sinong hindi mahuhulog dun?" she laughs when she realized that she's talking to herself.

"Kung anu-ano na naman ang naiisip ko!" she closed her eyes and immediately consumes the remaining wine hoping for its immediate effect when suddenly an idea came to her.

She reaches for her phone and rushes to dial Edwars's number. She waited before he finally picks up.