Your Best Option

Previously...

Finally, Oscar manages to lift himself off of her. He eased himself out, their body limp and almost lifeless.

.

.

.

He went lifeless on top of her, trying to gain back his strength when suddenly he hears a vehicle from outside entering their garage.

He almost jumps out of surprise and immediately picks up their clothes scattered on the kitchen floor.

"Dress up!" he commanded and handed the dress to her.

"Teka---- si---sinong dumating?" she asked while trying to figure out how to wear her dress again.

"I don't know. C'mon dress up quick!" he said getting nervous each second.

"Hi---hindi ko makita yung zipper!" she said in annoyance while rummaging the fabric.

Without answering, he dragged her hurriedly into the walk-in pantry.

"Oh my god Oscar, this is what I'm telling you!" she's blaming him.

"Ssshhh!" Oscar signals for her to shut up and stay still.

"Are you done with your clothes?" he checks on her.

"Almost" she replied.

"I'll go out first" Oscar said but Lily has another plan.

"No! I'll go first!" she snatched the doorknob and went outside when she saw Liam running towards the kitchen.

"Li---Liam---" she whispered trying to compose herself.

"What was that?!" he was enraged and went straight to check the oven.

"Seriously? Do you want to burn the whole house?" he said as he turns off the oven.

"Uhm, Liam a---ano kasi" she can't even think of a reason while struggling to tie the ribbon of her apron, her hair was still a bit messy.

"Never mind!" he said while checking what was inside of the oven when Oscar shows up from the pantry.

"Dad?" he's suspecting something unusual.

"Liam! I--- I thought you went out" he fired the question while trying not to look suspicious.

"I did, but I decided to go back early. Anyway, what is this all about?" his gaze went back to Lily which Oscar's immediately noticed.

"Uhm--- Lily thought of cooking your favorite dishes that's why she's here" he said right away.

"Yet she left it burning inside the oven. The house could've been burned if I weren't able to smell it from outside!" with a disappointed look.

That's the only time that Oscar notices the burning smell inside the kitchen and the slight smoke coming from the oven.

"Ow shooot! This is my fault anak! I ask here to go inside the walk-in pantry to check for some ingredients while I'm answering a call from the office" he explained trying to save Lily from the embarrassment.

"Well, why don't you go up and have some rest while we are tidying all these mess" he added.

"Oo nga Liam, magpahinga ka nalang muna. Huwag ka ng mag-alala, ka---kami na ang bahala dito. I'll just try to redo it---" she was cut off.

"No, thank you. I'm not hungry" he answered without looking at her and left the kitchen.

There were moments of silence after Liam left.