Flashback of Memories

"It is not the question of LOVE but it is the BETRAYAL that comes from the person that you never thought would betray you."

-DespoinaLuna

Next day after the party...

- Mansion's Balcony -

Oscar is sitting in a chair facing the morning sun thinking so hard about the unexpected appearance of Lily from last night's party. He wasn't able to sleep thinking of how will this affect their lives, Liam's life.

Memories of Lily's arrest flashes back in his mind. Their confrontation, her confession, the saddest day of his life, the day his heart died after giving all of his love to the woman who just used and manipulated him.

- Flashback -

Lily was arrested for all the crimes she'd done but still, she's his wife and so Oscar requested Diana to hire the best lawyer in the country for Lily but he doesn't want to directly involve himself in the case. Why? Because he can't bear the fact that he was controlled and used by the woman of his life. He tried his best to attend her first trial but all it gives him was remorse and hatred so, he decided to stay away from her case and not even ask to know any details of it.

He promises his son Liam who just turned two years old back then that he will have a normal life even if without his mom.

After what happened to him and Lily, he keeps himself occupied and busy for him not to think about it.

Few weeks after Lily was arrested, Liam got hospitalized again and he doesn't know what to do until hate continuously filled his heart.

It was late at night when he finishes all the important meetings that day when Elizabeth rushes to him in panic.

"Mr. President, kailangan na po nating dalhin si Liam sa hospital! Hindi po bumababa yung lagnat nya!" she said full of worries.

"Nasaan si Liam?" he asks right away.

"Nasa kwarto nyo po" she answered.

"Hanapin mo si Captain Salonga! Pakihanda ng sasakyan!" he ordered right away.

Then he rushes to his room to get Liam.

"Kung sana hindi ka naging ganid sa kapangyarihan, kung sana nagsisi at nagbago ka ng maaga Lily hindi tayo aabot sa ganitong sitwasyon, hirap na hirap ang kalooban ko! Hindi ko alam kung mapapalaki ko ng maayos ang anak ko" this is what engraved in his mind while taking care and crying alone for his son in the hospital.

After almost two weeks of sleepless nights and worries for Liam's condition, he finally got better and got discharged.

There after he made a very hard decision of completely removing Lily from their lives.

He ordered a news blackout on Lily's case and even asks the press and media to remove every single article about Lily.

After a year...

Oscar brought a huge portrait of Marissa and ordered to hang it in the living area of the palace.